Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my 04 A/C what is the proper way to install the front plate ? I see the two little indentations but behind them are two stems, are the stems threaded ? And if so what size screw and thread pitch would be used ? I found nothing in the owners manuel

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
i just went into the local hardware store and asked for screws for the license plate. the guy gave me some and told me to bring them back if they didnt work. he said no ones ever brought them back.

i got 4 extras if you want to drive out to MA to get them :)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i just went into the local hardware store and asked for screws for the license plate. the guy gave me some and told me to bring them back if they didnt work. he said no ones ever brought them back.

i got 4 extras if you want to drive out to MA to get them :)
So did the screws tread into the stems or did you need nuts to secure them ?

·
Registered
544 Posts
Too bad our fronts look great without the plates but in cali you need them on... I went to AZ and no one has the front plates at all,,,,

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Too bad our fronts look great without the plates but in cali you need them on... I went to AZ and no one has the front plates at all,,,,
I've got two fix it tickets for this violation now. That's the reason I just want to put it on now.

·
Registered
567 Posts
the holes are not threaded, the screws are pretty much just large wood screws. if you go to toyota you can get a mount to follow the curve of the bumper or just use the holes and mount the plate right to the bumper. it is pretty nice to live in states that do not need front plates.

Andrew

·
Registered
344 Posts
We're sposta have em in Texas, but I see a lot of trucks without them, including mine, and I've never heard boo from any pig.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, I got popped twice while I was parked. Thing is is I get it fixed within 21 days the fine is only 10 bucks.... and this was in Malibu, so I figure I gettin off cheap.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
So did the screws tread into the stems or did you need nuts to secure them ?
they were self tapping and just went straight into the metal. no nuts required.

although im currently a tacoma owner and havent found that perfect tundra yet so im not really the one to ask.....

·
Registered
59 Posts
I live in Southern Utah and havent had mine on the front in like 2.5 years. I keep it with me so if i get pulled over i can put it on in a couple minutes. I really just dont like the way it looks on my truck, so i keep it off.

·
Registered
741 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,269 Posts
thinking about getting one of these show n go license plate holders for the front of my truck. and have it set for the front license plate to retract when i turn off my truck, and extend out when i start it :becky:

YouTube - Show-N-Go Electric Retractable License Plate Bracket
You are out there amigo, but, love the setup. I decided to install my front plate under the front seat *check my pic*. It slides in and out with no problems. And, does not scratch my Ivan bumper that way!!!!;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts