Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am setting up my 2007 Tundra for everyday work down on the farm. Here are some of the items on my list:

• I see where tundrapartsstore.com has front license plate brackets for the 2007 Tundra. My dealer told me there was no such a thing and to just run screws into the plastic bumper trim to hold the front plate on (there are a couple of little dimples in the plastic to help locate the screws before they are forced into the plastic). Very inelegant. Anybody in a "front plate" state use an actual bracket or know what the front license plate brackets from tundrapartsstore.com look like? Are they just frames or actual brackets with an OEM look?
  • Also, I prefer Husky Liner floor liners to the Weathertechs. I see there are a couple of part numbers out now for the 2007 Tundras (in my instance Husky 35583 front tans and Husky 65583 rear tans). I can't find any online retailers that show '07 Tundra Husky Liners yet. Anybody know a good source for these part numbers?
  • Finally, the same company that makes Husky Liners (Winfield Consumer Products) makes a contractor-type headache rack from anodized aluminum (p/n 22160). I would probably be more satisfied with welded steel. Does anybody know a source for 2007 steel headache racks?
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
10 Posts
Give Ranch Hand a call, you might be able work out a deal with them and let them use your new tundra as a donor, maybe getting a free or discounted headache rack out of it.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got a Toyota OEM front license plate bracket for my '07 Tundra today. My original dealer said there is no such thing and just screw the front license plate into the bumper with self-tapping screws.

Lo and behold I ordered one from Tundrapartsstore.com and it is OEM and fits perfectly, although I still had to run the included self-tapping screws into the plastic. But at least it looks like something more than just an afterthought like screwing a plate right onto the bumper.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
As a good Texan, I trust that you know that you have to be very careful about license plate brackets. Covering any part of the lettering including any part of the word "Texas" is illegal. If you want, I can get you a bracket, here in Austin, that says "TEXAS" in orange so that you won't risk getting pulled over. ;)

·
Registered
435 Posts
As a good Texan, I trust that you know that you have to be very careful about license plate brackets. Covering any part of the lettering including any part of the word "Texas" is illegal. If you want, I can get you a bracket, here in Austin, that says "TEXAS" in orange so that you won't risk getting pulled over. ;)
But it's not Texas anymore. Better make that plate to say "Northern Mexico." ;)

·
Super Genius
920 Posts
But it's not Texas anymore. Better make that plate to say "Northern Mexico." ;)
No, just get a Mexican license plate and fill the back of the bed with illegal immigrant construction workers. This will guarantee that you won't be stopped at all for any reason... but those pesky unarmed border patrol agents might take a picture of you and phone in a report... ;-)

·
Registered
73 Posts
My dealer in Clarksville, TN ordered one for me and I picked it up 2 weeks ago. Cost was $15. I finally installed it This past Sunday. It IS a factory OEM part. It's a Cheapo, however. You have to install the plate when you mount the bracket since the bracket mounting screws hold the plate on as well. The "dimples" have to be pre-drilled with a 1/8" bit.

We are not required to have front plates in KY... but the faded "BEEF-KY Beef Council" plate is a MUST.:D

*** the license plate bracket was actually easier to get than the oil filter:( :( :(

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No, just get a Mexican license plate and fill the back of the bed with illegal immigrant construction workers. This will guarantee that you won't be stopped at all for any reason... but those pesky unarmed border patrol agents might take a picture of you and phone in a report... ;-)
I already have all those truck accessories as mentioned. I can even get Mexican plates on cars that would be illegal in the US and then drive all I want since they are foreign plates and allowed to visit the US without regulation.:td:

And our local BP agents *are* armed; it's the National Guard in uniform with Humvees that Governor Perry placed on the levee that aren't allowed to be armed.:confused:

Back on topic, StatCoder the Toyota front license plate bracket is a bracket, not a frame (I never have frames and remove dealer frames first thing). The OEM bracket holds the plate in place completely unobstructed. Texas troopers will not only pull you over for obstructing your plate with a frame but also if one of two license plate lights are inoperative (if it's got two of them they both have to work according to them). They use these sort of excuses for probable cause stops all the time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts