Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In getting to the half shafts the front shocks need to be removed. Some told me I need the spring compressor to take them out. It was my understanding that was only if you were replacing the struts in the spring, correct? The truck has Rancho struts in the front and I was told that as a unit they are real tough to put back in..

Also how hard is it to install a 1" Diff Drop kit?:ts:

·
Registered
474 Posts
To unbolt the shocks/springs as a unit you simply unbolt the bottom shock bolt and undo three bolts at the top of the spring/shock unit. Boom. Done. You need a spring compressor ONLY if you are replacing the shocks and need to remove them from the compressed spring.

·
Registered
45 Posts
The lowering kit is real easy, hour job. All you need is a jack for the cross member on the transfer case, take the two bolts out from support and lower it about an inch. Then replace the bolts with the longer ones and the spacers. You might also need to remove your skid plate for the install. All the kits have easy to read instructions.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Got mine at Wheelers Off Road for like $25, I think it was made by Revtech. By the way, how's the Port City? Still have a place called the Raw Bar at Wrightsville Beach?

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
To unbolt the shocks/springs as a unit you simply unbolt the bottom shock bolt and undo three bolts at the top of the spring/shock unit. Boom. Done.
I would also unbolt the ball joint from the bottom of the spindle and remove the nuts on the ends of the sway bars. It will make it much easier to remove/install the shock assembly.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think it is but those places change all the time....when were you in Willywood last?

·
Registered
45 Posts
I think it is but those places change all the time....when were you in Willywood last?
I lived there from '92-2000, most of the time on Wrightsville Beach. I used to go to another bar called Red Dogs too - those were the days.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts