Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The driver side front pillar airbag cover on my 2007 Camry is falling off or loosening every time I drive a bumpy road. I just push it back but will come loose again. Has anyone had that problem? I heard that there is a TSB out on this to replace a clip. What is the TSB number?

·
Registered
514 Posts
The driver side front pillar airbag cover on my 2007 Camry is falling off or loosening every time I drive a bumpy road. I just push it back but will come loose again. Has anyone had that problem? I heard that there is a TSB out on this to replace a clip. What is the TSB number?
BO015-06 RH INTERIOR A-PILLAR GARNISH LOOSE
7/28/2006 - 2007 model year NAP-built Camry vehicles produced BEFORE the Production Change Effective VINs shown

Some customers may complain that the right side interior A-pillar garnish is loose or out of position. This condition is caused by an incomplete installation of the A-pillar garnish at the factory. Follow the repair procedure in this bulletin to correct this condition.

BO017-03 TRIM GARNISH LOOSE (REVISED)
4/24/2006 - 1991 – 2007 model year Toyota vehicles.

Customers may experience an interior trim panel either loose or fitting poorly due to a deformed or missing panel attachment clips. When a trim garnish (A, B, C, or D pillar garnish, door trim panel, etc.) is removed and reinstalled using the old clips, there is a possibility that the garnish may exhibit a loose condition. To prevent this condition from occurring, please use the following procedures.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks I have the same problem on the same vehicle. Dealer acted dumb about it and this is the second time I have asked them to do something about it. I bought the extended warranty but this seems to be a design/installation defect and therefore should be covered by the manufacturer (which means if there is a TSB on it the dealer should do the work and the manufacturer should reimburse the dealer).

Anywho...anyway to access that TSB without paying for it? So I could fix it myself?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
The loose a-pillar trim also comes loose on the drivers side also. You just need to replace the clip and it should stay secure.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Old thread but thought an update was warranted:

They finally fixed ours after the regional manager overheard my wife talking to the service director about this. It is a point of warranty, at least in my eyes, considering we paid for the extended warranty which was sold as a "bumper to bumper" warranty. Once we pointed out the problem the service director told us this item was not covered under bumper to bumper. Huh? So what bumpers were they using for reference? Adding to the huh factor is....this item is failing, but it is not something that is grabbed, used touched etc. (except maybe being cleaned). The clips were bad at the factory...fess up or quit warrantying/selling extended warranties that you have no intention of honoring. Times are tough ... the dealer probably doesnt like paying for the manufacturer's defects...but that problem is between the dealer and the manufacturer not the customer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am having the exact same issue. It typically pops open at the top, I push it back, pops back open, but yesterday it popped open all the way down and will not close. I have a 2014 Camry XLE

1 - 7 of 7 Posts