Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, so I have a front skid plate that my uncle gave me, however he neglected to include/didn't have the mounting hardware. I am wanting to install it but I cannot get the hardware from anywhere. The dealer can't order it separately and no luck on ebay, etc. Any of you have the mounting hardware I could buy? Or know where I could get it? Or if I could get an up close pic with a few dimensions I could make my own, but I am not even sure how it connects right now. Thanks

·
Registered
247 Posts
Buy the stainless bolts. I've already successfully broken every bolt on my skid plate. Currently investigating other options for skid plates. Mines beat to hell already though. Not worth putting back on.

·
Registered
741 Posts
DaBoone37 took some pics of the brackets, sorry did'nt have time to uninstall the skid plate hope these help you out :becky:

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
DaBoone37 took some pics of the brackets, sorry did'nt have time to uninstall the skid plate hope these help you out :becky:
Thanks a lot :ts:. I appreciate the effort. Brackets don't look too complicated and it helps to at least see where it connects and the shape. Now just need to find time to get to the machine shop.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Show us a picture of your skid plate. As Tundradrenalin said, it should be only 4 bolts. You shouldn't need o have a machine shop make anything.

·
Premium Member
7,925 Posts
Looks like a brush guard to me?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ya, I think there is just a terminology difference. Highwaylizard calls it the brush guard, basically it's the silver guard that goes on the front bumper. It has just been sitting in my garage for like 3 years and I wanted to see if I could do anything with it. Sorry for the confusion but I do appreciate the responses. I would prefer to not have to make the brackets, but I will take what I can get. Thanks again everyone.

·
Premium Member
7,925 Posts
Ya, I think there is just a terminology difference. Highwaylizard calls it the brush guard, basically it's the silver guard that goes on the front bumper. It has just been sitting in my garage for like 3 years and I wanted to see if I could do anything with it. Sorry for the confusion but I do appreciate the responses. I would prefer to not have to make the brackets, but I will take what I can get. Thanks again everyone.
No Problem. I had one on my truck and did not like it and took it off about a month after I got the truck. Not sure that I remember any brackets there other than the ones that are attached to the frame.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts