Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm replacing the shocks on my 03 Sequoia and for the front I'm having an issue. The assembly is held in place with 3 14mm bolts on the top and 1 19mm bolt on the bottom. It seems the only way for it to come out is for the assembly to come down and an out. I assume the Tundra is the exact same.

The problem I'm having is removing the bottom 19mm bolt. I cant seem to remove it for the spring assembly to come out. There is another connecting rod in the way of the bolt for it come. How do people remove this bolt? I can use a jack to raise the suspension arms which helps the clearance of the bolt, but then the shock compresses so much that the bolt literally wont move once its past the first bracket. Any tips would be helpful! Thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I should add that it is 4wd. That seems to be the main problem as its the axle that is getting in the way of the bolt coming out.

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
I just replaced mine. Disconnect the swaybar and remove the 4 bolts that fasten the ball joint to the spindle. I believe they are 17mm. When you get those out you can move the axle out of the way. Make sure to use locktite when you reinstall them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts