Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm replacing the shocks on my 03 Sequoia and for the front I'm having an issue. The assembly is held in place with 3 14mm bolts on the top and 1 19mm bolt on the bottom. It seems the only way for it to come out is for the assembly to come down and an out.

The problem I'm having is removing the bottom 19mm bolt. I cant seem to remove it for the spring assembly to come out. There is another connecting rod in the way of the bolt for it come. How do people remove this bolt? I can use a jack to raise the suspension arms which helps the clearance of the bolt, but then the shock compresses so much that the bolt literally wont move once its past the first bracket. Any tips would be helpful! Thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Finished. Turns out you have to remove the sway bar bolt and the 4 bolts that connect the ball joint to the spindle. Once that is done, the entire wheel assembly and axle can be moved and the lower shock bolt can easily clear. I recommend people do this on the 2wd models as well because by disconnecting these pieces, its much easier move lower control arm and position the shock in place without having to compress it.

Truck rides nice now. Hopefully with these Biltstein HD's my trailer won't feel so bad.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Nice, great info...thanks for posting the solution. I will be installing coilovers soon, although I will be popping the ball joints to remove the Upper control arms.

Glad you were able to get it dialed in :cool:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts