Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2004 Limited access cab came with the 2" front drop struts and coil overs. A couple years ago my local shop replaced them with quick struts which leveled the truck. I never liked it but been living with it. I plan to go back to the original set up but non of the local tire and suspension places can find out what I had. Everything they can find is the 2"lift, anybody know what the original struts and coil over were and the parts numbers?

·
Registered
67 Posts
4600s is what you want. That is pretty much what the TRDs came with. 5200s are a good upgrade and can also be stock height. I think the 6112s can also be set at the stock height.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
4600s is what you want. That is pretty much what the TRDs came with. 5200s are a good upgrade and can also be stock height. I think the 6112s can also be set at the stock height.
The first gen Tundras came with two different front shocks and coil spring set up, one had about a 1.5" drop from the rear and the other leveled the truck. Mine came with the dropped front, when they replaced it with the quick struts they came with the shock and coil spring and leveled the truck. I want to go back to what was on it. If I buy the 4600s and put them on will it drop the front back down with the coil spring that came with the quick struts? I've been to four local shops and non can tell me yes or no. My local Toyota dealer says the can replace both struts and coil springs with the OEs for $1900.00, when I asked if it would drop the front back down he said it should, I told him that's a pretty expensive guess.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have never seen a first gen truck with or without the TRD package that was leveled from the factory. I have seen several first gens with saggy rear springs that made the truck look leveled. Any of those options on the lowest perch should give your front a like new factory ride height. If your rear springs are healthy you will have 1.5-2" of rake with an empty bed.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
The first Gen Tundras in 2000 came with two different front shocks / spring set ups. The TRD had the upgraded spring pack and Bilstein shocks but they both sat at the same height. Yes there might have been 1/2 of an inch or so difference but you couldn't tell unless you looked at the paint marks on the springs or the shocks.

·
Registered
21 Posts
My 2004 Limited access cab came with the 2" front drop struts and coil overs. A couple years ago my local shop replaced them with quick struts which leveled the truck. I never liked it but been living with it. I plan to go back to the original set up but non of the local tire and suspension places can find out what I had. Everything they can find is the 2"lift, anybody know what the original struts and coil over were and the parts numbers?
I have my original coil springs from 02 tundra access cab, if you need it i can give it to you.i live in Gambrills ,Md21054, that coil spring will bring your truck drop 1.5" front

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have my original coil springs from 02 tundra access cab, if you need it i can give it to you.i live in Gambrills ,Md21054, that coil spring will bring your truck drop 1.5" front
So you have both coil spring? I live in northwest Florida and would pay for the shipping and your time, please let me know. my email is [email protected].

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I'm back, after a lot of research and dealing with both local Toyota dealers I'm no closer to knowing what front coil springs came on my truck. One dealer says 48131-af170, right, 48131-af180, left. The other dealer says 48131-af090, right (yellow/yellow) and 48131- af100, left (yellow/blue). one says my shocks would be 48510-a9450, the other place says my shock's are 48510-09760. neither says that they will lower my front back down. Anyone got a 2004 limited access cab, hell any first gen limited access cab will probably work with you original front spring? If so and you are able to see the color codes on them please let me know the colors. I talked to a retired Toyota mechanic that's my brothers neighbor, he said that most of the 1st gens came with the front drop no matter what package they came with, 2wd, 4wd, sr5, TDR, or off road pkg. So I'm thinking ether one of these coil will work but I don't want to buy then just to find out they didn't make a difference.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
I will check the color codes on my 2000 TRD 4x4 when I get home in two days. The term front drop is an interesting term because it was more like the rear was a little high with an empty bed and they all looked like this. If you look at the original marketing images still on the web they all sat high in the rear.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
34" front, 36.5" rear.
Measured ground to wheel well lip.

View attachment 155460
With the quick struts that were installed on my front the height of the front is now 36" to the top of the wheel well lip. the rear is 36.5. I need the coil springs and shock to get back to the original height there looks to be 6 different set ups. It looks like most would take the front back down the 34 inches but which one is the problem. Do you know the color combinations on you spring? My local dealer says the yellow/yellow, yellow/blue springs (should do it).

·
Driver of 2 Tundra trucks
6,401 Posts
Mine are yellow/yellow, yellow/blue springs.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts