Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Been away for a long time but I have a question for the group…any body install a 2in Receiver hitch under the front bumper? I’ve seen in the past where you can buy one. I would want one to make it easier to park my trailer. Anybody do this please let me know.

·
Registered
2005 Tundra Dbl Cab Limited: jba long tube headers, 2.5" X-pipe dual exhaust
44 Posts
Yeah, people install them on the front for trailers, snow plows and also for hitch mount winches.

Sent from my SM-G988W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
328 Posts
Not yet for my tundra, but I did build one for my Durango years ago. Ill see if I can find photos of the build

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
328 Posts
Here’s the thread I made for it. Obviously not gonna be the same as a tundra, but may give you some ideas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello,
Been away for a long time but I have a question for the group…any body install a 2in Receiver hitch under the front bumper? I’ve seen in the past where you can buy one. I would want one to make it easier to park my trailer. Anybody do this please let me know.
I just put one on my ‘06 and used it to push my 23’ travel trailer back into our RV pad. Had to leave the skid pan off with the Curt hitch. Worked well!
Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Vehicle

Tire Wheel Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hello,
Hello,
Got one on my 2003 sequoia. Used mainly for hitch cargo carrier

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hello,
I installed a front receiverr on my 02 Tundra. I use it to haul a motorcycle (300#} on the front of the truck (camper behind). Check out the hitch ifnder on eTrailer.com for choices. Easy install. Just had to trim a bit of plastic chin spoiler for clearance.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,
2018 TRD Sport 4x4 here. I added one to mine to help with parking the trailer in a tight spot. Got the DrawTite from etrailer.com (be sure to torque properly). It covers the skid plate mounting bolts and we use truck in the wild so I made an access hole for changing the oil. It doesn't reduce overall clearance, but the receiver does sit below the bumper. You will not be able to see well with the trailer right in front of you, but it makes it a breeze to manipulate.

·
Registered
52 Posts
2018 TRD Sport 4x4 here. I added one to mine to help with parking the trailer in a tight spot. Got the DrawTite from etrailer.com (be sure to torque properly). It covers the skid plate mounting bolts and we use truck in the wild so I made an access hole for changing the oil. It doesn't reduce overall clearance, but the receiver does sit below the bumper. You will not be able to see well with the trailer right in front of you, but it makes it a breeze to manipulate.
I forgot to mention that i did the same. My oil pan drain clears the skid plate. It's the filter that dribbles on the skid plate. I leave a funnel under the filter poking down through the access hole. That catches the dribbles and keeps the skid plate clean. The only time I had yo remove the skid plate was to drain coolant, work on front of engine, etc.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts