Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My two front windows are somewhat noisy and it quite annoying to me. The noise happens when I'm rolling up or down any of the front windows. I've put some WD-40 inside the black part that the windows rolls up into, that helped a bit, but not much. So, here's my question or questions...

Is this caused by maybe the regulator being rusted or not lubed properly? Its a 2001, so it's been in service since 2000 making it 10 years +. Or is it the little motor on the regulator? I don't see a problem with pulling the regulator out myself and maybe removing any rust, etc., with a Dremmel tool. And then lubing the teeth of the gears.

Has anyone else had this problem? I find it more exciting to refurbish them myself instead of buying new ones, but is it a waste of time? I mean, what is making the noise? If it's the motor, then a new regulator is the only way to go I assume.

Any input is appreciated.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Same here...

It's only my driver side front window - makes noise when rolling down mostly. And the window rolls up and down much more slowly than it used to. I was also thinking about using WD40 but may hold off now that it doesn't seem to fix the problem. I'll Google some and see what I find...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts