Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to get my front windows tinted at a locally shop Mon. The most they can do here in this state is 35% tint for the front windows. Does anybody know what % tint the rear windows are? The cost is going to be $100 which I think is a bit high but I have heard they are the best in town from friends of mine. Do the folks that have had them done like how it turned out?

P.S. If anyone here has a black Sequoia with any mods I would like to see pics

Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
black seq

I have a black Limited Sequoia and had the front windows tinted. Mine are 35% which is the legal limit. I debated trying to find a shop that would make them match the rest but I personally know 2 people who have been given tickets for having tint on the front that was beyond the limit ($200).

It's hard to find a shop that will do it because they get fined big time if they get caught. My guess is that you would have to make a deal on the side with an installer.

Sorry that I don't have pics but it looks pretty good. From certain angles and at certain times of day it appears to match the rest of the tint. One thing is for sure, it certainly looks better than not having it done at all.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I tinted my front windows 20% which is illegal in most states, including Washington. Never been pulled over. It matches the back almost perfectly and looks good (IMO). You can see pics on my www or pics. Had to pay cash and on the receipt it shows they did the windows 35% :eek: The shop did a great job. Good Luck

·
Registered
147 Posts
I got 35% on the front, then darker on the back. I already had the "privacy glass" too. I also debadged most of the truck, because I wanted it black and stealthy!

My pics are posted in the pictures section of the forum.

·
Registered
7 Posts
privacy glass tint

We've ran the light transmission meter through the privacy glass on the Sequoia and found it to be 22%. I've placed 4% tint on ALL my windows (I like 'em dark). The rears are perfect, so you can't see in at all (but can still see out--very well during the day, and reasonably well at night--just need to be EXTRA careful when reversing in the dark), but you're still able to see in the front a little (I'm not about to double-up the 4% though). I'm getting too old for insanely dark tint.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I wish I could have tint...

I don't know what it is about the highway patrol in my area but they will hit you up for front window tint. Not like previous years, I have already removed them from one of my cars. Now I'm hesitant to put them back up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts