Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2015 Tundra 4.7 l. About a month ago my engine light came on when I reached 1/2 tank. Filled it up, it would go away. Read in the forum that at one time I may of overfilled it and to just cycle a couple tanks and see what happens. Check engine light continued to come on half a tank, now it’s on all the time. Went to NAPA and got a P0441 code. “Evaporative emission system incorrect purge flow”. Start with the gas cap and work my way through? Any way to self test any parts?

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
See at the top of any page you are on where it says "Search Community"? Type your code in there and hit enter and a bunch of threads will come up regarding that subject. Just read through them and try all the things others have done before you. Most are not for gen 2 but all types can have similar fixes. If that doesnt work, reply to one of those existing threads if you dont get a lot of responses here. And do everyone a favor that comes along behind you and post back what your problem was. Way too often people come on here with a problem but never come back to say what the fix was.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
See at the top of any page you are on where it says "Search Community"? Type your code in there and hit enter and a bunch of threads will come up regarding that subject. Just read through them and try all the things others have done before you. Most are not for gen 2 but all types can have similar fixes. If that doesnt work, reply to one of those existing threads if you dont get a lot of responses here. And do everyone a favor that comes along behind you and post back what your problem was. Way too often people come on here with a problem but never come back to say what the fix was.
Thanks. Was a member here for along time and somehow got removed. Kind of know the drill.

·
Driver of 2 Tundra trucks
6,300 Posts
It's typically the gas cap / gas cap gasket.

I just went through the same thing with my 2007.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's typically the gas cap / gas cap gasket.

I just went through the same thing with my 2007.
Going to order one tonight. Think it would last longer than five years. Hate throwing parts at it, but it’s the cheapest one.

·
Registered
937 Posts
MANY times the gas cap really doesn't need to be replaced. Corrosion on the filler neck will cause a problem and trigger a light.........but a little bit of Vaseline on the filler neck will make a better seal and fix the problem.

·
Driver of 2 Tundra trucks
6,300 Posts
Inspect the rubber O-ring gasket on the gas cap, they can crack and replacement gaskets are available.

The original gasket on my 2002 was cracking, so I solved the problem by replacing just the gasket.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So I finally got my oem cap. The gasket was definitely different than the one on my old one. The old caps ring was curled up towards the top of the cap. New one was more flat. It was somewhat out of whack. Put a super thin layer of Vaseline on it just in case. Full tank of gas and drove 32 miles and no light yet. So far so good. I disconnected my negative at the battery for a couple minutes to reset light. When I first started the truck ,it started then stopped almost instantly. Restarted just fine. Thinking it has something to do with computer. Going back a week as I was going through all hoses on the truck looking for leaks and such. I found a hose clamp that never locked on, just spun free. Thought that was original problem, but when I tightened it and reset the light it only stayed off for 15 miles. I will update when I run a full tank through. View attachment 152840

1 - 10 of 10 Posts