Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LOL, BITHING... Make that bitching :)

Changed the fuel filter today... What a pain it was. I ended up removing the bracket the holds the fuel filter completely. After that, the lines lined up SO easily and perfectly... The fuel line bolts/fitings went easily in by hand, like they are supposed to. With it in place, the lines were impossible to line up (both, lining up one was not a problem), and I thought I screwd up the threads of the front fuel line bolt.

What a stupid design the bracket is. W/ it in place, the lip of the filter hits the bracket, leaving no room whatsoever for left/right movement, even w/ the bottom of the bracket bent for extra room. I could not move the rear line off the brackets either, just the front...

Anyway, the filter bracket is off for good, makes it so much easier... it takes maybe 2 min. now to change the fuel filter.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I'm going to have to give it another try now. Tried a couple times but I couldn't remove the old filter. Thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
568 Posts
I had to bend the clamp open a little, but I was able to do it with the bracket on. Don't figure I will change it again for 50k more miles, so I'm not worried about making it easy.

·
Registered
568 Posts
1/2" or so. Try to unclamp the lines from the rail to get a little more flexibility. Can remove the bracket as suggested above also. I thought about that but ended up not doing it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
LOL, BITHING... Make that bitching :)

Changed the fuel filter today... What a pain it was. I ended up removing the bracket the holds the fuel filter completely. After that, the lines lined up SO easily and perfectly... The fuel line bolts/fitings went easily in by hand, like they are supposed to. With it in place, the lines were impossible to line up (both, lining up one was not a problem), and I thought I screwd up the threads of the front fuel line bolt.

What a stupid design the bracket is. W/ it in place, the lip of the filter hits the bracket, leaving no room whatsoever for left/right movement, even w/ the bottom of the bracket bent for extra room. I could not move the rear line off the brackets either, just the front...

Anyway, the filter bracket is off for good, makes it so much easier... it takes maybe 2 min. now to change the fuel filter.
How Many Miles on it by now ??

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
1/2" or so. Try to unclamp the lines from the rail to get a little more flexibility. Can remove the bracket as suggested above also. I thought about that but ended up not doing it.
I tried to gently unclamp the lines but I was worried about breaking something or bending a line. Can the clamps/lines handle some abuse?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey, can you post a picture please if you can? My dads truck didn't start right earlier today and he's wondering if its the fuel filter. He wants to know the location too. I can't seem to find answers, google hasn't helped. Maybe I'm searching for the wrong things!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey, can you post a picture please if you can? My dads truck didn't start right earlier today and he's wondering if its the fuel filter. He wants to know the location too. I can't seem to find answers, google hasn't helped. Maybe I'm searching for the wrong things!
I will try to take a pic and post it, but the fuel filter (at least on 03s) is under drivers door, very easy to spot...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts