Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 Tundra, 2WD, V8. I am replacing the fuel filter. I have the fittings out of both ends of the filter and I have the bracket detached, but I cannot get the old filter off because the ends of the filter lines are holding it in tightly. I understand there may be some quick release connections for the fuel line, but I cannot find them.

Could anyone provide direction as to where these quick releases are or some other alternative would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ed

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The fuel lines appear to be solid from the fuel tank to the filter and from the filter up to the engine compartment.

·
Registered
202 Posts
the one from fuel filter to engine can move, slide fuel line of clip (plastic) this give you enough room to get the filter out. when you instal new filter make sure you check for leaking.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Mine was hard to get on as well. The lines were solid. I just finally pulled them out just enough (without breaking them) to get the new one on.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Finished/Fixed/Done

Thanks buglao for getting me started. Once I got going I felt a little stupid for not being able to figure it out.

Thanks again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts