Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody noticed trouble with the fuel level equipment? I just had my second "occurrence" wondered if I'm crazy. I always fill up and go till the next complete fillup. Instead of watching the level go down from 1/2 to 1/4..ect, I see it at 1/2 and get in one day and it shows past empty. The Sequoia did indeed take a full amount of gas. Today I go to work showing 1/2 and at lunch it says below empty (the little gas pump image is highlighted). It appears it gets to a point and "sticks". Looks like a trip to the local Toyota is in my future.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Bummer! No problems here. I know there has been a couple of posts in the Tundra forum regarding the gas gauge. Wonder over there and read to see if anything looks familiar. Good Luck and keep us posted. Dan

·
Premium Member
498 Posts
I think I remember a Sequoia owner having a problem with their gas gauge...unfortunately, the post was before the crash and it was lost. Anyway, the problem turned out to be a bad fuel sending unit which was replaced under warranty.

I also had a gas gauge problem with my Tundra -- which is why I remember about the Sequoia -- and my problem turned out to be the actual gauge itself. It too was replaced under warranty.

DaveS

·
Registered
487 Posts
Seems like there is alot of gauge problems with the gauge itself. I'm having my oil pressure gauge replaced as we speak and the service guy said it was "not uncommon."

·
Registered
166 Posts
hootydog said:
Anybody noticed trouble with the fuel level equipment?
My Tundra's done it at least twice now that I've noticed. Real weird when you fill up one day and drive a hundred or so miles, and when you get in the next day the gage shows empty. Even turned around once and headed for the nearest gas station, (Up here in the mountains there aren't that many!), and by the time I got there, I had close to a half a tank.

Was wise to it the next time it happened so just went ahead and drove down the hill . . . started out on empty and had a little over a half a tank when I got down to the bottom! Gonna' bring it up with Toyota next time I take my truck into the dealership.

Frank

1 - 5 of 5 Posts