Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are you guys geting for fuel mileage with your taco's?

mine is an 07 4x4 TRD double cab manual and all I get is 17MPG if I'm lucky, 2700 kms on it so far.

·
Registered
124 Posts
29.7 mpg (I'm a little annal) on the highway with my 4 x 2 .... running the cruise control of course.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Ave about 17.5 mpg spirited driving mostly down the country hwy's. Not the 20+mpg i was hoping to get! maybe i need to get more than 2500 miles on it for complete break in too help my mpg increase? The weather around here isn't helping my mileage any either.

·
Registered
101 Posts
05 DBL Cab LB V6 auto A.R.E. cap 18K miles. 15.6 mixed driving. I did a straight hywy trip once where I got a tad under 17mpg. I run Sunoco 89. Sometimes 91. When I see posts where ppl claim 20-22 mpg I gotta wonder if they're using a calculator or a divining rod.:)

·
Registered
666 Posts
I get any where from 16 mpg to 19 mpg in my 4X4 Double Cab 6 speed. I usually average about 17.5 mpg.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Check out : ScanGaugeII - Scan Tool + Digital Gauges + Trip Computers Most people check their mileage "Tank to Tank". That's what I have done for years. What other convenient way do you have? Now you can check your MPG for a 10 mile trip to the market. You don't have to wait for a fill up to find out how you are doing.

I am NOT selling this product. I just bought one a week ago and I am very impressed. Check it out and YOU decide. TacoGuy

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Most people check their mileage "Tank to Tank". That's what I have done for years. What other convenient way do you have?
Guess I am not 'most people'; I have never used that highly inaccurate method! For those of us who do the math, if you really want to be accurate -- use the rolling 3-tank average. Simply average your last three fill-ups. It's easy and it virtually eliminates the variations in topping off the tank.

Not knocking the Scan Gauge; imo, Tacomas should come standard with something like that. My 12-year-old Jeep has a trip computer, for pete's sake. Very handy (and accurate) for continuous or instant fuel usage, as well as miles-to-empty.

·
Registered
151 Posts
auto or manual? I think the auto would get better mileage than the manual, my manual revs pretty high on the highway, 2400 rpm at 110 kph
manual, my fault.

I use to get 20 to 22 if I kept it at 65 and no cap on the higway. now I'd P my pants if i got that.

my normal higway speed is 75 mph now.

·
Registered
3 Posts
2006 AC 4x4 V6, auto. 30K miles.

i used to get 18.7 average.

I got a SG2 last Friday and made my first trip with it this week. i averaged 21.2 using the SG2 to keep me mindful of my right foot.....

I expect to get around 20 once the new wears off...

·
Registered
4 Posts
2006 DC 4X4 Auto w/ Tow & Sport ~12,000Mi

21 with the tonneau cover on and conservative-ish ;) driving. No tonneau or use 4WD or A/C...can be as much as 15.

·
Registered
25 Posts
18.867 mpg mostly city driving; Hwy driving 21.5 -- both with a shell on the bed. (calculated with Auto Maintenance Pro)
2006 6cyl auto 4x2 extended cab just turned 10k miles.
First waxing this weekend; we'll see if that helps with the air resisitance:rolleyes:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts