Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my 2010 Sequoia Platinum for 3 months. And have never filled the tank more than 20 gallons and some change. Never going over 21 gallons. Just yesterday I was driving on the low fuel light and it said I had 17 miles until empty. Stopped to fill it up and it only took 20 gallons.

How big is this gas tank?

I thought I read it was 26 gallon capacity.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
ooollld news....and discussed alot. a search would have prevented yet another thread on it.

the light comes on early and the distance to empty will read 0 miles to empty with around 6 gallons left. alot of us have driven 60-100 miles with the display showing 0 miles to empty. ive personally done 60 miles just cause i wsa being rebellious to my truck. and i think even then i put 23 gallons in it....but lots and lots of discussion already on it

·
Registered
119 Posts
Yup, mine notes 0 and the light comes on with 6 gallons left.
I pulled in to fill up after traveling 400 miles and realized that
the thing has an actual range of over 500 miles on one tank
of gas.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I know this a beaten down discussion, but since I'm a newby I'll chime in. Yesterday my fuel light came on and I filled up (19.3) gallons. That leaves 7.1 gallons...that's 26.89% left...OVER A QUARTER TANK

Today, on trip home from work I was showing the gauge at almost 3/4 tank at 39 miles so I filled up again. Held only 2.7 gallons. This is crazy. What they are saying is when your fuel light comes on, you may want to THINK about filling up in the next couple of days.

I'm coming from an F150 that w/ a 25gallon fuel tank, that when the indicator came on, it held 24 gallons which makes a lot more sense....Just sayin..

All of that being said, I'm getting about 14 and change which is as good or better than my old SuperCrew FX4. However, the frequent fuel stops just makes it seem like it's a LOT worse than it actually is. Still Love This Truck!

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
I know this a beaten down discussion, but since I'm a newby I'll chime in. Yesterday my fuel light came on and I filled up (19.3) gallons. That leaves 7.1 gallons...that's 26.89% left...OVER A QUARTER TANK

Today, on trip home from work I was showing the gauge at almost 3/4 tank at 39 miles so I filled up again. Held only 2.7 gallons. This is crazy. What they are saying is when your fuel light comes on, you may want to THINK about filling up in the next couple of days.

I'm coming from an F150 that w/ a 25gallon fuel tank, that when the indicator came on, it held 24 gallons which makes a lot more sense....Just sayin
well congrats for restating what has been said for the last 4 years :)

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
well congrats for restating what has been said for the last 4 years :)
A)Be nice to the noobies.

B)Shouldn't you be insulting people in the Tundra section and not the Sequoia section?

:attention:

·
Registered
204 Posts
B)Shouldn't you be insulting people in the Tundra section and not the Sequoia section?

:attention:[/QUOTE]

Lol! :tu:

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
A)Be nice to the noobies.

:attention:
when u stay out of our section, i'll stay out of yours. :)

·
Registered
220 Posts
When the low fuel light comes on with 17 to 19 miles till zero, I hit the odometer switch and run another 60 miles. The low fuel warning is a constant visual annoyance and you cannot switch it off.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts