Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen a fuel transfer system for the new Tundra?
We would like to plan a long trip with the travel trailer this summer and an extra 30 gallons of so of fuel capacity would be sweet. :)

I did a search on the forum history and came up empty.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Bill

·
Premium Member
11,253 Posts
You can get vehicle-specific setups, but your best bet is probably DIY at this point. Pick up a bed-mounted auxilary tank from a reputable source, and an electronic transfer pump with an anti-siphon valve, then plumb it to the vent line on your fill tube.

Alternatively, you can make (or have made for you) a tank that replaces the spare tire, if you're able to carry the spare elsewhere. Transfer method is the same.

Try your search at the Expedition Portal...a lot of guys there run aux tanks with a transfer pump.

-Sean

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can get vehicle-specific setups, but your best bet is probably DIY at this point. Pick up a bed-mounted auxilary tank from a reputable source, and an electronic transfer pump with an anti-siphon valve, then plumb it to the vent line on your fill tube.

Alternatively, you can make (or have made for you) a tank that replaces the spare tire, if you're able to carry the spare elsewhere. Transfer method is the same.

Try your search at the Expedition Portal...a lot of guys there run aux tanks with a transfer pump.

-Sean

Thanks Sean.
I will check into it and report back if I find a good solution.

Bill

1 - 3 of 3 Posts