Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so since my Chilton manual said the 2001 Sequoia/Tundra fusible links pull out, I put this repair process together in case someone else needs to perform this work.

As this is a very sensitive and expensive part of your truck, make extra sure everything is done correctly and with the power disconnected.

Good luck.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey Voodo1, i have a problem with my 2007 tundra and i was wondering if you could help me out any. I had a buddy replace my battery and he hooked the positive to the negative for a second or two. but now i hook the battery up proper and the horn just sounds off, and the ignition dont do nothing.. i think i blew the main fusible link but i cant find it to check.. have you ever herd of this or could help me out any.. thanks for any info you can provide.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, I didn't see your post for a while.
I messed up my fusible link trying to pull it out (because Chilton says you can) because I was chasing a short that turned out to be related to the backup camera.
I would assume that hooking up the battery wrong could do a number of bad things but yes, I would start at the cables leading from the battery into the main distribution box and look at every "upstream" fuse sequentially.
I would guess the damage was mostly contained to the panel on the driver side rear.
I had a similar problem when jumping my truck from a portable battery box. I was removing one of the cables and accidentally made contact with a post with the other. It blew my headlights, fog lights and set off every warning light on the dash. After I stopped swearing and cleaned myself up, I disconnected the battery (both + and -) for about 30 minutes and when I hooked it back up, everything was reset.
Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts