Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont have many pictures right now but I will be taking more soon enough. I am thinking about getting the stock rims powdercoated flat black, my chrome backs of my mirrors painted white and then getting my toolbox powdercoated again (its chipping to chrome). I will most likely tint my taillights soon too, anything else yall can think of thats not too extreme?

One of the pics is the new sticker I just got put on and then just a random picture I took with my new HTC Evo phone.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
How bout some headers to complement your Volant and true duals? If you're going to powdercoat the wheels and paint the mirror covers white, you might as well debadge it to eliminate more chrome. It's a cheap and fairly simple mod. Ditch the side steps too. The other thing that bugs the hell out of me about mine, which I also noticed on yours, is the black tailgate handle. Why would they color match the door handles and leave the tailgate handle black? It seems a little unrefined to me.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I agree on the black tailgate handle. I was lazy so I just carried the dark color on the two tone down around it.

debage is a good one, if your getting your mirrors done you could get the bars on the grille and bumper painted white to match. That is if its not a limited and doesn't have those chrome bars. smoked taillights like you mentioned looks good. maybe get the rear bumper powder coated too?

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
I agree on the black tailgate handle. I was lazy so I just carried the dark color on the two tone down around it.

if your getting your mirrors done you could get the bars on the grille and bumper painted white to match. That is if its not a limited and doesn't have those chrome bars. maybe get the rear bumper powder coated too?
At least the dark color makes it less noticeable.:tu: I forgot to mention color matching the bumpers and grill.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think the white grille would look good. Ya, I have been reading about debadging and it doesn't seem that hard with fishing line and goo gone. I took a couple more pictures today just in the front yard. I need to wash it but its so muddy everywhere.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
The other thing that bugs the hell out of me about mine, which I also noticed on yours, is the black tailgate handle. Why would they color match the door handles and leave the tailgate handle black? It seems a little unrefined to me.
i have a white 06 limited dc and the tailgate handle is white. i wonder if that is part of the limited package? mirrors are white also. i never really paid attention to the tailgate handle until the other day and now you guys are talking about it. guess i know why i noticed it now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts