Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FYI, I've been doing some research trying to get a new coil over setup for my truck and I have some new info from the major vendors:

Donahoe told me to call Demello off road to pre order and Demello said the donahoes will be available the end of next week, finally! however, these shocks will be $995, ouch. No word yet on when the Total Chaos UCAs will be done to compliment these shocks but I was told to expect a cost of around $600

Then I called Camburg and they told me they are doing a special right now, 15% off their UCA coil over combo if you preorder now. $1275 for both the UCAs and the coil overs, so I ordered from them, but they said they will not ship for 4-6 weeks, bummer but worth the $300+/- savings to me ;) Neither shop knows what they are going to do in the rear of the tundra yet, so i'm going to need some rear shocks for the interim.... does anybody know the part number/ cost for the factory bilstein shocks? My truck is not a TRD :(

link to Camburg arms/shocks:
Camburg Engineering Inc.

If any of you are looking for wheels I called around and this shop said they will have a shipment of ultra wheels for the tundra coming in the next couple of weeks:
Ultra Wheels are on SALE now! When you buy Ultra Wheels from us you are practically buying Ultra Wheels from Ultra Wheels yourself.

Good luck with your trucks and enjoy. See you at the dunes!
Tom

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
FYI, I've been doing some research trying to get a new coil over setup for my truck and I have some new info from the major vendors:

Donahoe told me to call Demello off road to pre order and Demello said the donahoes will be available the end of next week, finally! however, these shocks will be $995, ouch. No word yet on when the Total Chaos UCAs will be done to compliment these shocks but I was told to expect a cost of around $600

Then I called Camburg and they told me they are doing a special right now, 15% off their UCA coil over combo if you preorder now. $1275 for both the UCAs and the coil overs, so I ordered from them, but they said they will not ship for 4-6 weeks, bummer but worth the $300+/- savings to me ;) Neither shop knows what they are going to do in the rear of the tundra yet, so i'm going to need some rear shocks for the interim.... does anybody know the part number/ cost for the factory bilstein shocks? My truck is not a TRD :(

link to Camburg arms/shocks:
Camburg Engineering Inc.

If any of you are looking for wheels I called around and this shop said they will have a shipment of ultra wheels for the tundra coming in the next couple of weeks:
Ultra Wheels are on SALE now! When you buy Ultra Wheels from us you are practically buying Ultra Wheels from Ultra Wheels yourself.

Good luck with your trucks and enjoy. See you at the dunes!
Tom
For the rear I would not receomend the factory Bilsteins. They are not as good as the factory replacement Bilsteins you get from places like ORW. They are smaller and more like a regular old shock. I worked at Toyota for 8 years and have stacks of these shocks off of older Tundras and Tacomas. I would suggest doing some research and finding out which Bilstein you can get to fit the rear from ORW or some other off road shop. Try seeing if maybe a 10 inch Fox will fit in there or if you can simply change the shock mounts to fit a 8, 10 or 12 in there.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Out of these two DR/Total Chaos and Camburg , which one makes the tougher/longer lasting product? I basically want to know whick one is best for the desert? Also can they clear 35s on stock rims?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Out of these two DR/Total Chaos and Camburg , which one makes the tougher/longer lasting product? I basically want to know whick one is best for the desert? Also can they clear 35s on stock rims?
They both make good stuff. I personally think the shocks are all basically the same, they are all basically a 'sway a way', but donahoe i think does their own stuff now. As far as the UCAs go, if they have the same metals and same welding, they are the same strength. Just looking at the pics you can tell the design is the same, both use 1" uniballs.

There's a post on here showing a truck clearing 35's with no spacers on stock trd rims using just a 2.5" levelling kit. People say they rub just a bit on the skid plate and you can trim or bend it easily. Supposedly the donahoes will get you 0-4" of lift and the camburgs 0-3", so that shoud clear the same as a levelling kit.

Personally, I ordered some wheels that come with 35mm of extra backspacing that clear everything with no mods. I like this idea as when you raise center of gravity, it's good to go wider to compensate, keeping stability. however, i will know nothing for certain until everything arrives, and i get in the garage.

Tom

·
Registered
440 Posts
What wheels did you get?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yep, the hold up is the 5x150 pattern and 35mm offset wheels being cast and supplied. Hard to know if I'll like these wheels or not since they're not on my truck. I'll see when they're on. I may end up painting the entire lip black, i may end up getting new wheels later on. Theyre only 160 a wheel, the tires cost twice that and I can always sell them..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts