Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was listening to the radio today in Gainesville, and could not believe my ears at the new line of advertisements - Eating the Tundra For Breakfast.

Clearly Ford is getting worried about the Tundra - the salesman says "check out the new F250 turbo diesel, the baddest truck on the market. In fact, just today, I witnessed it eat a Dodge, Chevy, and even the new Toyota Tundra for breakfast - a feat also easily accomplished by the F150.

Then some more bs bout the truck, then the end tag line "Gainesville (or whoever the dealer is here) Ford - where beating the Toyota Tundra just comes easy". Or something along those lines.

Hmm. Many direct attacks. Anyone think Ford is a little worried? Guess he didn't mention the mass recalls on the new F250. The fact they're even comparing the F250 to the Tundra is funny.

·
Banned
1,374 Posts
Ford F250 Diesel is a joke IMO. I test drove one of their 2008 fully loaded F250's and was disappointed in the quality and that it makes 650tq at 2,000 RPMS versus Dodges Cummins at 650tq at only 1,500 RPMS. there were so many hoses under the hood I could not even see the engine block. Truck was fast, but not faster than the Dodge and I know it's no faster than the Tundra.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Pretty sad when a manufacturer has to resort to B.S attacks on the competition. To me an advertising campaign should be to promote your product, not bash the competition. As part of my daily job I drive all the domestic trucks, but as of today the competition has some serious catching up to do on performance compared to the Tundra 5.7.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts