Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put Nuvi in car and it does send signal back to me letting me know location of car. Using for my daughter. If the Nuvi is unplugged completely from docking station and all chords are unplugged and shut off, can the harness it self become a tracking signal?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Absolutely No! You only will have some wires laying around.
Not true... The low-end Nuvi 200 has a FIVE hour battery life... If you keep it properly charged (or use the house charger cord- sold separately) you can just run it on battery power- hence NO cords at all during use.
And No, the docking station (mount) does not recieve the signal. It is the GPS unit itself that receives the signals. Sometimes it can take a while...

·
Registered
235 Posts
Not true... The low-end Nuvi 200 has a FIVE hour battery life... If you keep it properly charged (or use the house charger cord- sold separately) you can just run it on battery power- hence NO cords at all during use.
And No, the docking station (mount) does not recieve the signal. It is the GPS unit itself that receives the signals. Sometimes it can take a while...
No,he asked,"can the harness it self become a tracking signal?" The answer is still no.

·
Registered
186 Posts
No,he asked,"can the harness it self become a tracking signal?" The answer is still no.
Thanks for the clarification. I guess my point is that most Garmins do NOT have to have any wires out/ visible during use. Lotta people don't understand that they have a very long battery life, and can be used w/ out being plugged in. I LOVE that about my Garmin, and I just wanted to share that it does not have to be plugged in- hence no wires at all- even during use.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts