Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i went to fill up my truck today and when i opened the gas door the painted part of the door fell off hitting the ground and scratching it up pretty bad ... i will be back at the dealer next week i just hope they replace it i cant believe it came off that easily

·
Registered
32 Posts
The outer part of the gas door came off?? I'd be bee-lining it toward the dealer tomorrow. They might not know it yet, but they absolutely would be replacing that!

·
Registered
595 Posts
Be prepared to be called a liar SH. We all know that something like that would never happen to a Toyota. You must own a GM or something. ;)

Thanks for the warning, I'll keep an eye on mine.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I think that the embarassment of having to put my gas cap on and then having to reinstall my banged up gas door would be worth at least a new door and 2 free oil changes.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think that the embarassment of having to put my gas cap on and then having to reinstall my banged up gas door would be worth at least a new door and 2 free oil changes.

no i dont want them touching my truck i will do my own oil changes i dont trust them ... last time i had my truck at the dealer (truck had a oil leak from the first day i bought it ) they forgot to put the oil cap on getting my engine bay covered with oil i will ask them to order me a new cap and i will have them just install it in front of me .. if they wont do this i will have a talk with the service manager AGAIN...but normally they are pretty good to me just had some bad luck with my tundra all my prior cars were done in a timely manor and a good job done .. but that dont mean i trust them

·
Registered
352 Posts
Just looked at my gas door cover. How is it attached? Are there some clips or something because I can't tell just from looking at it.

Jim

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just looked at my gas door cover. How is it attached? Are there some clips or something because I can't tell just from looking at it.

Jim

it slides in and locks i was planning on taking it back this week because it looked like it was out of allignment but i guess it wasnt installed correctly from the factory i just hope the new one will come from the factory painted because i dont want them painting my current cover because it will never match

·
Registered
435 Posts
no i dont want them touching my truck i will do my own oil changes i dont trust them ... last time i had my truck at the dealer (truck had a oil leak from the first day i bought it ) they forgot to put the oil cap on getting my engine bay covered with oil i will ask them to order me a new cap and i will have them just install it in front of me .. if they wont do this i will have a talk with the service manager AGAIN...but normally they are pretty good to me just had some bad luck with my tundra all my prior cars were done in a timely manor and a good job done .. but that dont mean i trust them
Not only that, but they'll put the wrong oil in. And once it's done, you can't prove what kind of oil is in the engine. You'll never be the wiser. I'm betting that if you take your truck in for 10 oil changes, you'll get at least three or four different grades and weights of oil during that time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts