Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What should i expect on mileage drop with my V8 Tundra when i lift it 2.5 inches and put 285 Toyo Muds? I get from 16/18 right now.

·
No Really, I swear, I'm Done..
3,091 Posts
it actually depends on how you drive. if you go to larger tires and don't change gears and drive in town or do a lot of stop and go then your mileage will drop.
if you drive highway all the time and are rarely driving in town then your mileage will go up.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm with Jete's, mine dropped 1 - 1.5. Don't forget to check your speedo, 60 mph between mile markers should equal 1 mile, so add back the difference when checking mpg.:)

·
Registered
971 Posts
Expect a mileage drop period, with bigger tires, it will NOT increase in town OR on the highway. Even a minimal tire size increase will reduce your mileage. Expect at least 2 MPG less.

·
No Really, I swear, I'm Done..
3,091 Posts
Before I regeared I had better mileage and Leathernuts still hasn't regeared and he gets better mileage than he did stock.
This is for about 85% highway driving over 65mph and no stop and go traffic.

In town though or if you are a 50/50 driver you will loose your mileage and you will be mashing on the skinny pedal more to get your anchor moving.

The flipside though is if you regear you will be mashing on the skinny pedal kickin' the buts of civics and dakotas...:devil:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts