Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Awaiting delivery of my RAV 4 (6 cyl) 4X4. I'm wondering what type of gas mileage owners of this vehicle are getting?
Thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've seen anywhere from 17 to 29 mpg from my V6 AWD. Lowest numbers were making short trips in the dead of winter; highest numbers in the summer on highway cruises. Overall, I average somewhere in the middle.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought a near perfect used 2006, 14K, 6cylinder, 2WD, and got 21.5 on the 300 mile trip home at 70 mph.
I love the car and didn't really think I needed the 6, but got a good deal ....... maybe. I'm VERY disappointed with MPG.
My GMC Envoy does as well.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I just bought a near perfect used 2006, 14K, 6cylinder, 2WD, and got 21.5 on the 300 mile trip home at 70 mph.
I love the car and didn't really think I needed the 6, but got a good deal ....... maybe. I'm VERY disappointed with MPG.
My GMC Envoy does as well.
Man, that sucks. We just ran our first tank through on our 08 Rav4 V-6 2wd and it came out to 24 mpg. Driving mostly 2 lane hwy at 60mph and the other half Interstate at 70mph for a total of 300 miles.

24 mpg is pretty good for new and I figure after break in we should see 26 mpg for the same trip and 27-28 mpg for straight interstate.

Maybe you just need to blow out the cobwebs a little? If it's been sitting in a lot for a few months, the gas could be bad. See what happens on the next couple of tanks.

RE

1 - 5 of 5 Posts