Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received the recall letter form Toyota few weeks ago and finally got around on take my Tundra to the stealership. Turns out that my gas tank straps need to be replaced and when they do that, they will re-coat the undercarriage.

So now need to wait until the parts come in and than take it back for them to do it...

·
Forum Admin
8,220 Posts
Ok... Sounds like a wiener. Ask them to service your muffler bearings while you're there.

What's the number on the recall letter? Might look like SC-##...

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
I also received one of those letters. It is titled:

SSC-90M Certain 2000 through 2003 Tundra Vehicles
Severe Corrosion of the Rear Cross-Member
Phase 2 - CRC Application
SAFETY RECALL NOTICE

Mine is a 2002. Toyota will perform one or more of the following actions at no cost to me.

(1) If there is no significant corrosion of the cross-member assemblies, the dealership will apply a Corrision Resistant Compound (CRC) to the cross-member assemblies and to the adjacent areas of the frame.
(2) If significant corrosion of the rear cross-member is detected such that it can no longer safely support the spare tire, the cross-member assembly will be replaced. After replacement, the dealer will apply the CRC to the new cross-member assembly and the adjacent areas of the frame.
(3) The fuel tank straps will be replaced, if they were not replaced before.

My dealer made an appointment to repair my truck four weeks from the time I visited them.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
thats a legit recall then. i have never heard of this happening but i have certainly heard of the rear crossmember recall, so if it's wrapped into one, so be it

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea the cross member check is part of it. But yea its nice of Toyota to do this especially the truck is way out of warranty.

·
Registered
422 Posts
It would only make sense if your gas tank fell off due to the strap failing, they would replace the tank.

·
Registered
20 Posts
It would only make sense if your gas tank fell off due to the strap failing, they would replace the tank.
That sucks. Well unfortunately my tank must be rotted due to the plastic tub it sits in. There is about an 1/8 th tank of fuel and it's dripping out of the plastic tub's drain holes. It's obviously leaking somewhere below the seam of the tank. To my knowledge the straps and frame are fine. I've had it oiled 1-2 times a year since new. Bummer that plastic tub catches all the dirt, debris and salt and there is no easy way to clean it out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I think it sucks. I have a 2010 Toyota Tundra and the gas tank strap rusted into. The tank almost fell off. Toyota said they will not cover it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Old thread I know but toyota needs to be held accountable for the amount of rust on these trucks. I had my frame inspected and they told me they wont co wr the frame because I have 200,000 miles on my truck. Truck runs like new and they useing the miles for an excuse to get out of replacing frame. I paid alot for t hi is truck a year ago and I'm pi#### off. Then I left the dealership amd the dam gas tank fell off because of their corrosion problems. Toyota dealership in portland maine is by far the worst dealership. I'm dealing with corperate now about frame .. well see how this goes seeing as they bragging that their trucks go a million miles.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts