Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally found some time to give her a good detailed bath and wax. After work washed there, then put a compound to get some small scratches and dirt off the clear coat. Then came back with Meguiar's wax. The front bumber does have a chip missing, not sure how just know it was on my trip back from CO 2 years ago, and havent gotten it fixed yet. Its on the-to-list. Other then that I feel for a truck the paint has held up well....what do you think?

^ GO CLEMSON TIGERS!!!!

^ Windshield tinted at 45%
Windows tinted at 20%

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks good! White is beautiful.
Thanks man, I'm wanting to upgrade the rims and tires, but have to keep my priorities straight. So im trying to save as much as i can so I can also fix the front bumper and also get fog lights all at the same time.

·
Cash-Strapped Supporter
155 Posts
White is a great color for trucks. I love my black truck, but is very hard to make it look clean even when it's been washed. Doesn't bother me too much though, since I like the look of mud on the sides too :D

·
Registered
36 Posts
Mighty fine lookin truck. Plus the white saves time buffing over all the scratches. I used mothers paste the last time waxing. Never again. I could not remove the residue from the black plastic on top of the bed. Drove me nuts.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
White is a great color for trucks. I love my black truck, but is very hard to make it look clean even when it's been washed. Doesn't bother me too much though, since I like the look of mud on the sides too :D
I agree, hids dirt well, but if i were to get another color it would be black. Those tundra's look amazing all blacked out (i think) its just they show swirls and harder to keep clean.

Mighty fine lookin truck. Plus the white saves time buffing over all the scratches. I used mothers paste the last time waxing. Never again. I could not remove the residue from the black plastic on top of the bed. Drove me nuts.
Thanks man, yea i haven't used mothers but definitely wont now. thanks for the heads up. I just tried Meguiar's new compound. It said it was for restoring cars, but worked great on the truck, though I would say my paint is above "good" so mine wasn't to too bad.

·
Registered
98 Posts
When I debadged, I used a tar and bug remover/wax to get some of the adhesive off. The real discovery was that the same bug remover was AWESOME on leftover wax on the black plastic areas....

Luther

·
Registered
94 Posts
Looks sharp love when I wash and wax mine gives me a feeling of actually accomplishing something for a change.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looking real good. I like the tinted front windshied... but....
...yea i like the privacy

Looks sharp love when I wash and wax mine gives me a feeling of actually accomplishing something for a change.
Thanks Nitro, same here plus when i wipe down the inside makes me feel like im back in a clean truck since its usually dirty from work.

Have not cleaned mine yet. Maybe tomorrow morning.:D

Looks like you dont need to wash it at all. New truck or just doesnt get driven much.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Thanks man, I'm wanting to upgrade the rims and tires, but have to keep my priorities straight. So im trying to save as much as i can so I can also fix the front bumper and also get fog lights all at the same time.
I just upgraded to those very same SR5 rims from my original steelies. Got them from Newtakeoffs.com for less than $400.00 shipped. After looking at all the various aftermarket options, these are one of my favorites. Not too flashy, classy but understated. IMHO, better looking than the TRD rims. But I'm not looking for the rugged off-road look either. Correct me if I'm wrong but according to Toyota's website, for the 2010 models, you need to order the entire SR5 package at almost a $4000.00 premium to get these rims. Just curious as to why you want to change them. Nice truck BTW. Is that a 2010 grill you have?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I just upgraded to those very same SR5 rims from my original steelies. Got them from Newtakeoffs.com for less than $400.00 shipped. After looking at all the various aftermarket options, these are one of my favorites. Not too flashy, classy but understated. IMHO, better looking than the TRD rims. But I'm not looking for the rugged off-road look either. Correct me if I'm wrong but according to Toyota's website, for the 2010 models, you need to order the entire SR5 package at almost a $4000.00 premium to get these rims. Just curious as to why you want to change them. Nice truck BTW. Is that a 2010 grill you have?
My bad, when i said "upgrade" i ment aftermarket rims.

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Great job! If you are in STL, come on by and take care of mine! Mine needs a good wax job...

·
Registered
68 Posts
Looks great, I did the same with mine today after coming home from the track.

Used Liquid Glass Polish, NXT 2.0 Wax and finished it off with a coat of Opti-seal. My camera is old and crap, pics do not do it justice, ran down to the grocery store after it was done and two people made comments about how good it looks.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Looks great, I did the same with mine today after coming home from the track.

Used Liquid Glass Polish, NXT 2.0 Wax and finished it off with a coat of Opti-seal. My camera is old and crap, pics do not do it justice, ran down to the grocery store after it was done and two people made comments about how good it looks.

I can tell dispite the camera quality, the reflection of everything in the background gives it away you spend some quality time on it :first:. FYI my camera is old too. Looks real good man. Did you apply that by hand or low speed buffer. I bought one from Wal-mart and have to say its the best $40 I have spent in a while, knocks alot of time off when it comes to detailing. Were you able to get those scratches out that you can see under a parking lot light at night time when your at the right angle?? Im having trouble getting all those out, but not sure I want to take a high speed buffer to it. I'm a :baby: when i comes to my truck, what to make sure i use the right products on it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts