Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm killing myself here. I've been on the verge of getting a crewmax limited for 3 weeks now but can't settle on a color...I do believe I'm losing it. Can't decide between Slate, Black, and White. Anything to help push me one way or the other will help. I think White looks pretty sweet, any thought?

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
costanza, those were my exact color choices when buying a new Tundra. Black, white or slate only. The white looks gorgeous, if you can get a white one in the configuration you want definitely go for white. Otherwise go for Slate. It's a beautiful color as well. The color varies from different angles, grey, gunmetal, bluish gray to dark green depending on lighting.

Black is also beautiful when clean but my driveway is gravel and keeping that thing dust free would be a pain. It was my third choice in colors. I saw that Nautica Blue or whatever Toyota calls it today, a DC, also a very nice color :)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey thanks for the response, I've hear folks saying the beauty of the truck doesn't show up in white. I beg to differ as I've seen some nice pictures of it around. Is that your Slate? Looks very nice.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Well, one thing is that white makes the truck look really really big. It's a nice color. I went with black cause:

- dealer had it on the lot
- our RAV4 is black, they will match in the driveway
- black is the best looking color (IMHO) when clean

Just my 2 cents.

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
Hey thanks for the response, I've hear folks saying the beauty of the truck doesn't show up in white. I beg to differ as I've seen some nice pictures of it around. Is that your Slate? Looks very nice.
Yep, that's my Slate CrewMax. There are only a few cars/trucks on the road that look truly nice in white, and I believe the Tundra CrewMax is one of them. :tu:

·
Registered
764 Posts
Nothing better than white for overall practicality. But the Blue Streak Metallic is moving like no other blue I've seen.

White.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Color was my hardest decision. I finally decided on silver with graphite leather but after 2 months of searching, I went with slate when it showed up as incoming inventory with all the options that I wanted.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Oh, I really really like Nautical Blue. It's ALMOST black and one could be fooled by it in certain light conditions.

However, in Canada, it's not available on my spec'd truck. Not sure about the U.S.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I did the same thing. Lots of "which color should I get?" in my head.
It came down to white or silver and I picked White. And I'm glad I did.
No regrets. Looks great. I saw another CrewMax today (1st time) and it was a darker color. I felt it didn't have the presence that the white has.
Good Luck!
I see you live in Sacramento. Don't know how your highways/freeways are up there, but I would definately test drive on the highway/freeway because the ride in my CrewMax is awful on Los Angeles freeways. Our freeways are connected with 20 foot (est) segments of concrete and trust me you feel every one of them.

White CrewMax limited 4x4 (non TRD)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Color was my hardest decision. I finally decided on silver with graphite leather but after 2 months of searching, I went with slate when it showed up as incoming inventory with all the options that I wanted.
So you got the Slate with Red Rock then? Can't seem to get that Rock leather to grow on me?

I appreciate all the responses. Glad to hear I'm not the only one having a hard time here with a color. When I started out I thought Black was going to be it (but I'm lazy and really won't wash it every week). I may just go with white and the tan leather interior.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I did the same thing. Lots of "which color should I get?" in my head.
It came down to white or silver and I picked White. And I'm glad I did.
No regrets. Looks great. I saw another CrewMax today (1st time) and it was a darker color. I felt it didn't have the presence that the white has.
Good Luck!
I see you live in Sacramento. Don't know how your highways/freeways are up there, but I would definately test drive on the highway/freeway because the ride in my CrewMax is awful on Los Angeles freeways. Our freeways are connected with 20 foot (est) segments of concrete and trust me you feel every one of them.

White CrewMax limited 4x4 (non TRD)
Thanks Gary! Do you happen to have any pictures you can share?

·
Registered
42 Posts
I always thought Black was the best color but hard to keep. I told my wife not to let me buy a Black truck again, my Ram was black. We decided to go with the Slate, then White, then Pyrite. I then saw the Black with the red rock interior, and I fell in love with the red rock. Problem is in Canada the red rock is only available in Black. My wife had a good point about the White, most work trucks are white. I liked the Slate in certain light, but sometimes it looked Blue, I wish it were more of a charcoal color. In the end I went with the Black with red rock, a little hard to keep but is still the best looking color when clean. So it's a little extra work. If you do go with Black, buy the Mr. Clean car wash. I used it for 3 years on my Black Ram, and I never dried the truck with a chomois and never had any spots when dry. I find a lot less swirl marks using the Mr. Clean system. This is just my personal preference because the Tundra actually looks good in any color.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I always thought Black was the best color but hard to keep. I told my wife not to let me buy a Black truck again, my Ram was black. We decided to go with the Slate, then White, then Pyrite. I then saw the Black with the red rock interior, and I fell in love with the red rock. Problem is in Canada the red rock is only available in Black. My wife had a good point about the White, most work trucks are white. I liked the Slate in certain light, but sometimes it looked Blue, I wish it were more of a charcoal color. In the end I went with the Black with red rock, a little hard to keep but is still the best looking color when clean. So it's a little extra work. If you do go with Black, buy the Mr. Clean car wash. I used it for 3 years on my Black Ram, and I never dried the truck with a chomois and never had any spots when dry. I find a lot less swirl marks using the Mr. Clean system. This is just my personal preference because the Tundra actually looks good in any color.
Hey thanks for that, guess I could go the Mr. Clean route too. See how easy it is to sway my mind right now lol. Guess it's down to Black or White!

·
Registered
699 Posts
I have white evreyone told me I was crazy but as soon as I seen the white i loved it really makes these things look huge! as if there not already big enough. go white you wont regret. all my other trucks were blue so I wanted to go with a light colour and I'm glad I did!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have white evreyone told me I was crazy but as soon as I seen the white i loved it really makes these things look huge! as if there not already big enough. go white you wont regret. all my other trucks were blue so I wanted to go with a light colour and I'm glad I did!
Any pics?

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Black is a pita to keep clean but it was the only color on the lot on a vehicle that was equipped the way I wanted.

·
Registered
536 Posts
So you got the Slate with Red Rock then? Can't seem to get that Rock leather to grow on me?

I appreciate all the responses. Glad to hear I'm not the only one having a hard time here with a color. When I started out I thought Black was going to be it (but I'm lazy and really won't wash it every week). I may just go with white and the tan leather interior.
No, graphite color was a must.The Tundra interior didn't impress me but I have always had luxury vehicles. I have said before if Lexus made a truck, I would buy it. The red or tan leathers didn't match the interior as well as the graphite. I test drove a white with tan and didn't like the interior at all. In the end go with what you like but do your research before you buy.

·
Registered
699 Posts
I'll take some tommorow! I have the front spacers from the toytec lift in and I'm doing the rear leafs tommorow so after I put them in I'll post some.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts