Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How often are you complimented on your truck? Just this week a neighbor from my back alley who I never spoke to before told me how nice it was when pulling it out of the driveway. Then when my fiance took it to pick up Chinese the cook looked past her out the winder and told her it was a nice truck.

I got compliments on my 04 Dakota from time to time, but that truck had an extremely loud exhaust, aftermarket wheels and tires, and tons of other cosmetic mods. My 09 Crewmax is extremely plain jane in comparison so far, just steps, tint, bug deflector, and ventvisors. But it still elicits frequent compliments. I guess it's just a generally sexy lookin truck.

I don't really see or hear of alot of bone stock Silverados or F150s getting these compliments regularly.

http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/customprofilepics/profilepic14020_1.gif

·
Registered
859 Posts
All the time actually. And I only have a DC grade. Everyone who has ever been in it loves it even more.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Honestly? Almost everyday....No BS. Today a Sheriff was standing outside a gas station drinking some coffee doing the patrol of the store and stopped me when i walked in to ask me a few questions. He wanted to know what size lift, tires, bumper, and winch and how well it tows since i had a 14ft dual axel dump trailer hooked up to it. He told me as i walked in the store that is was the sharpest looking Tundra he's seen around town. Yesterday the lady at the bank said i should get a sticker that said the "Sexy Silver Beast". I had my other truck modded out like my Tundra but didn't get quite as many compliments as i do on this one.

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
Nothing verbal nowadays but I see a lot of 2nd Gen drivers staring at my truck cause it's a regular cab with 6.5 ft bed. It's a short and stubby white truck with Sports Appearance Package and stock wheels. It a rarity to see a regular cab Tundra. Maybe someday I'll put some nice wheels and aggressive tires on it.:D But I want to get a limited slip differential first.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Sometimes at lights people will start a conversation asking about the vehicle sometimes asking me how they should modify there cars.

For the most part people just stare as I go by :becky:

·
...Raptor Slayer...
2,233 Posts
Everyday...and like fragman said anyone who goes in it...so i have the DC and my friends who are fire fighter of course who would of thought, anyway they average like 6'2 6'3 and 200 to 250 pounds and they ride in the back and the front and really they have no compaints either they say its got great leg room for the size...of course not for more than like an hour ride being all cramped 5 dudes deep in a truck...but if that was the case we better be going to a strip club in the next state lol...anyway people like trucks and love tundras...compliments galore...i even compliment others tundras

·
Registered
32,593 Posts
Nothing verbal nowadays but I see a lot of 2nd Gen drivers staring at my truck cause it's a regular cab with 6.5 ft bed. It's a short and stubby white truck with Sports Appearance Package and stock wheels. It a rarity to see a regular cab Tundra.
I have experienced this also. A diamond in a sea of four door behemoths. Some younger folks simply were not aware such a body style even existed. :heh:

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Same here. Every couple weeks somebody will complement, comment, ask questions...or all three.
A guy at my daughter's school asked if I did the drop. That led to 30 minutes of discussion in itself. Lots of people ask about the power and how well it runs.

·
Registered
754 Posts
the tundra has to be on of the nicer truck rides out there. This is NO JOKE, but everytime im on the road here in phoenix I see other truck guys always looking at tundras at stop lights. I mean guys in their gmcs, chevys, fords no matter what it is they look and break neck like it was some hot chick with D cups going for a jog or something. How do I know they are looing? Because im looking along with them lol.........

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
LOL - I rarely even notice it anymore, but about 4 hours ago I stopped at the party-store by my house. A guy had just parked his early 2000's Camaro, and we walked in at the same time. He says "Nice truck... whatcha got under the hood?" I said, "Just under 400 horse..." He says, "Nice". So, I BS'd him and said, "Yours is nice too... but I could take ya." He didn't say anything... I think he believed me. LOL

·
Registered
722 Posts
a couple of times a day no lie

·
Registered
544 Posts
Well damn, your trucks are sick?!?!?! lol

You gotta also agree that denalis are pretty bad arse lookin trucks too.... I'll take a denali if i cant get a 2nd gen.... probably not but eh? lol

·
Registered
754 Posts
those are ok trucks/suvs, but they dont turn heads as much as seeing a rare tundra truck driving around town. I see denalis half breeds every day, but believe it or not 2nd gen trucks tundras are probably 5 times/day vs a denali...every soccer mom, wannabe weekend warrior father, etc..has one here in phoenix.
Well damn, your trucks are sick?!?!?! lol

You gotta also agree that denalis are pretty bad arse lookin trucks too.... I'll take a denali if i cant get a 2nd gen.... probably not but eh? lol

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
I guess my truck must be too stock, because I never get compliments, except maybe if a coworker rides with me.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I get a lot - I've even made a few converts out of die-hard ford/chevy guys.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I get lots of looks and a few questions on my 2010 5.7 DC, but before I got mine I was the guy gauking and asking questions. I seen my dream Tundra on our family vacation to Disneyland last summer, and it left such an impression that I purchased my first new truck, in 25 years of driving.
As far as compared to a Denali, there are soooo many drug dealers and gang bangers driving those I certainly didn't want to join that group.
SScott

·
E PLURIBUS UNUM
2,247 Posts
I get questions all the time, or comments like "nice new chevy...." Of course mine is debadged but I still have the toyota emblem on the grill... most people are clueless as to what it is... especially when I am flying by them....lol...

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have only owned mine for a few months, but I have already gotten more compliments and stares than any other vehicle I have owned.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts