Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,
when it is safe to do, like at a track, private property, or on the dyno.
what is your top speed? than the speed/road limtor from the ECU unit shut's down the truck?
and
when does your rev limitor engage & shut down the gen2 tundra.
this question has been in question, and some say there isn't 1, or even at 125 it hasn't kicked in.
so anyone that has done it, with a gen2 5.7l V8 ring in.
claim's of 107mph, 109mph, & 115mph.

to date here in the u.s i have yet to hear about a stock 5.7 doing more than 115mph.

now i heard someone say there trd s/c does 160mph. :rolleyes:o.k. that remains to be proven.

how many of you gen2 5.7V8 owner's burry the needle and do 125+?:confused:

if you know of a toyota corperate page that show's top speed, please cut & paste it.
this issue has come into question.:loco::shocked:
thank's,
gorilla-in italian means body guard.:thumb:

·
Registered
316 Posts
mine tapped out at 110 but it sure got there quickly from 80

·
Registered
7,461 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Mine top 115 mph,but for the weigth this truck have is good enough.I really miss my scion tc i push once to 140 and no limiter yet but i then slow down.That was stock scion TC,in a long run in georgia back road.

·
Registered
154 Posts
118 for mine. I drove Nationwide car around Phoenix Int Raceway and went into the turns at 160-165 MPH. Those cars are designed for this. Do we really need to drive Tundra beyond 115-118 MPH?

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
The top speed is limited because of the speed rating that the OE tires have. Would recommend leaving it alone unless you get some ZR rated rubber or something. My guess is the stock tires are S rated which means up to 112mph

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
HI & THANKYOU!
i was on another forum, and fabracation is something you do to your vehicle,
not what comes out of your mouth. so the creditability of that forum to me is just BS. so i'm done there.
i just can't waste my time with BS'ers.
gorilla

·
Registered
60 Posts
I got my little 4.6L up to 100 this morning on the way to work. Was in a hurry. I think the cut off on my engine is 110 or 115 didn't get a chance to test it because I was coming up on traffic too fast. Even the small engine didn't waste any time getting there lmao...

:couch2:

·
Tire Roasting Member
927 Posts
I was trying to find out where my limiter is at - got to 125 and it was still pulling hard but I decided to let off, scary stuff :eek:

·
Registered
420 Posts
What nobody has the huevos to put the rear up on jack stands and floor it? Lol man that would be an epic fail video

altough if done gradually I could see it working, just don't be an idiot and brake to stop the tires as that would cause you to slide right off.

·
Registered
420 Posts
It's digital and at high speeds you exceed the calibration. Long and short of it turn on your gps to track your speed above 100. And if you have a cheapy gps that doesn't have a high refresh rate it may not work.

·
Registered
642 Posts
115mph here....:D

·
Registered
60 Posts
When I was traveling 100 this morning I noticed my MPG estimator was at 15.9. That cant be right huh? When I accelerate I have see it drop to 8mpg. While I was cruising at 100 though maybe it was idk. Any comments? Remember this is the 4.6L motor. Something may be different.

:car:

·
Forum Admin
8,219 Posts
When I was traveling 100 this morning I noticed my MPG estimator was at 15.9. That cant be right huh? When I accelerate I have see it drop to 8mpg. While I was cruising at 100 though maybe it was idk. Any comments? Remember this is the 4.6L motor. Something may be different.

:car:
Please stay on topic. We're not discussing MPG differences @ 100mph.

The last thing we want is a crew of members going out testing the MPG gauge of their Tundras...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts