Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 Tundra with the 5.7. I've had the truck since it had 49k miles on it. Now it has 190k miles. Assuming that it was well taken care of before I bought it, what kind of life can I expect from the engine and transmission? Do I need to start worrying?

Who has some very high mileage trucks out there?

·
Registered
74 Posts
My experience with Toyotas (and Hondas) and living in salty new england is that rust is the enemy that kills a car not good maintenance.

·
Driver of 2 Tundra trucks
6,283 Posts
I have a 2007 Tundra with the 5.7. I've had the truck since it had 49k miles on it. Now it has 190k miles. Assuming that it was well taken care of before I bought it, what kind of life can I expect from the engine and transmission? Do I need to start worrying?

Who has some very high mileage trucks out there?
I purchased my 5.7L '07 Tundra with 270,000 miles on it a little over 2 years ago, it's my 2nd car / weekend warrior and it now has a little over 292,000 miles on it. Regular oil and filter changes at the dealer (non-synthetic), plus following the factory recommended service schedule should keep me going for a few hundred thousand additional miles.

I have no record of what happened or how it was serviced before I purchased the truck, so the first think I did was bring all of the recommended service up to date plus everything suggested for severe service. The only surprise repair was when the fuel pump went out soon after I purchased the truck, I think the previous owners ran the tank dry a few times.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts