Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 5.7 08 tundra with long tune headers, Banks 3” single exhaust, bully dog CAI. I want to gain back some low end torque. My cats have also been removed and running Sim simulators on O2 wires. What can I do? Should I have my cats wielded back on with o2s?

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If "low end torque" was important to you, why did you install all those aftermarket exhaust products that result in exactly the opposite?
Try to improve performance and sound. I have had the intake andexhaust on since probably 2009. Just seeing if there is a inexpensive way to get some back. Truck is still fast, just thinking it could be faster. What do u have on yours?

·
Driver of 2 Tundra trucks
6,282 Posts
I am DAPtized using stock exhaust manifolds and a custom BAMuffler cat-back with a single tail pipe exhaust plus a dry aFe air filter that dropped into the stock air intake box. This '07 5.7 is both quick & fast, and I explore the higher RPM range often. Low end torque is better than stock, and the ungoverned top speed is much higher than the body type and rear suspension are designed to handle.

Red4rr, have you contacted Keith at BAMuffler yet - I am sure he can help you out.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Put your shit back to stock! Running any modern vehicle without o2 sensors is one of the worst things you can do unless you have fully retuned it.

I’ll never understand why people think loud exhausts sound good. They’re obnoxious. When I hear loud pipes it makes me want to slash tires.

·
Driver of 2 Tundra trucks
6,282 Posts
Removing the cats is only advised on off road & race trucks that stay in the higher RPM range, you get better performance on the street with long tubes using custom mid pipes with your factory cats welded in place.

Talk to Keith at BAMuffler.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts