Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my '05 DC 4x4 has had a vibration in the front end for the last several weeks and I've taken it to the local Toyota dealer. They had it for roughly 4-days and they finally told me that they narrowed it down to the front differential. They've decided to replace the front differential under my powertrain warranty :D

I'm not completely convinced that's where the problem is, but we'll see what happens. They are basing their decision on the fact that when the vibration occurs, if you engage 4-wheel drive, it goes away immediately. Based on that fact, they think it's the front diff. Hopefully they know what they're doing. My fingers are crossed.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Good luck! Wish i had the money to do mine....When you get the invoice, let me know what the toal bill is for those of us not under warranty...

·
Registered
89 Posts
So my '05 DC 4x4 has had a vibration in the front end for the last several weeks and I've taken it to the local Toyota dealer. They had it for roughly 4-days and they finally told me that they narrowed it down to the front differential. They've decided to replace the front differential under my powertrain warranty :D

I'm not completely convinced that's where the problem is, but we'll see what happens. They are basing their decision on the fact that when the vibration occurs, if you engage 4-wheel drive, it goes away immediately. Based on that fact, they think it's the front diff. Hopefully they know what they're doing. My fingers are crossed.
I have heard of the 2nd gen tundras coming from factory with front diff problems and the symptoms are as you describe. Vibrations untill 4wd is engaged. They are probably right in their diagnosis. If they aren't they can't have the new diff back! :D

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have heard of the 2nd gen tundras coming from factory with front diff problems and the symptoms are as you describe. Vibrations untill 4wd is engaged. They are probably right in their diagnosis. If they aren't they can't have the new diff back! :D
My fingers are crossed. I'll let everyone know how it goes and more as requested, what the bill is.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
On Friday, Toyota installed my new front differential and (knock on wood), it appears the problem has been fixed.

The repair order didn't contain any pricing information so I have no idea how much it would have cost. Sorry.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I'm guessing around $1,500???? Anyone want to chime in thats has footed this bill? BTW, this is not just 2 Gen problem. Mine roars... Waiting for an explosion.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts