Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well with in the next week or two I will be ordering the stuff to mod my 2001 sequoia. I am going to be upgrading the brakes and headers. along with adding a daystar lift and gibson exhaust. I figure this will be a two day job if all goes well, if not i we be taking an extra day off of work. Wish me luck cause otherwise my wife will be :angrywife: NOw for the real question what tires size should i go with the lift ay a 33

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello Rickkat,

Sounds like a fun weekend. I am new to this forum and not yet an owner of a Suk. I will be very soon as soon as i sell my Dodge Diesel. I have spent a lot of time doing research on upgrading my Suk. Here are a few things i have found out.

1. Don't do spacers in the front. They make the truck ride poorly and wear out ball joints. You are much better off doing adjustable Bilstein's for not much more bucks. There is a thread in the "suspension section" of TS that explains this better.

2. for the rears, OME sells a 2 in.taller spring that is something like 20% stiffer spring rate that is for a series 100 land cruiser that is supposed to work on our Suk's (OME865) and shocks (OME60002)

I prefer a firmer ride so when i load up the fam and gear the backend doesn't squat and wallow

3. TRDparts4u.com is selling the Basani exhaust on a great discount($299) and seems to have good reviews. Something to think about.

4. I plan on running 285's (33's) when i get done lifting my Suk.

Good luck with your upgrading and don't forget before and after pics.

Toy Sequoia

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey ToySequoia thanks for the advice I have been holding out, on doing the suspension mods to my 03 but now with your advice I think it is time to pull the trigger! Do you have the bilstein OME setup on yours?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello Toyotarig,

I don't have a Suk yet. But i will!!!!! I have my Dodge truck up for sale and depending on how much i get for it will dictate my upgrades. Definatly doing the OME rear set-up but if poss i will do coil-overs and UCA's or bilstiens minimum. I have to allocate $1600 for Ivan Stewert 16 X 8 wheels and 285 bfg's and $300 for the Basani exhaust and $530 for a Baja Rack Megamule etc.

Cant wait to get a Suk and get started

Toy Suk

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have read the lift thread you are taking about and if you have read the whole thing you will find that truxxx makes a lift that actually does not harm the UBJ/ that is what i will be going with. the problem with most lift is the added length to the strut tower the truxxx gets the lift from the increased load on the spring not adding to the overall length. i am not sure of the tire size i want to run once the lift was add am thinking of a 275 or 285 and keeping the stock rims but not real sure as to the right size. i do not want to have a rub issue. so that is where the question of the thread come in what size tires to go with.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Rickat,

You read the 10+ pages on why not to use spacers and you are going to use spacers? What year is your Suk and how many miles are on it? If you have a lot of miles (60K+) then the stock shocks are probably getting tired and you want them to now dampen larger/heavier tires?:confused:

I hope it works out OK

Toy Suk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts