Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, in anticipation of getting my Tundra on Wednesday, I am rearranging my garage this weekend. I have to dismantle my workbench and rebuild it over to the side more. My garage is 21.5 feet deep. The DC Tundra is 19 feet so it should fit. But it's gonna be tight.

So, has anyone else had to do some mods to your garage to give Tundra a home?

·
Registered
378 Posts
I am going to have to do major work on mine.

I have a 2 car garage, could maybe fit two compact or midsized cars inside. I can get my 4Runner (05) in, and the 05 Tundra BARELY fit in both lengthwise and through the doors.

The 07 though might fit if I fold in mirrors but looks like the clearance is not very much at all. I would hate to scratch the sides.

Problem is that I have 2 smaller doors, with part of the structure between. I am thinking about getting this knocked out and installing 1 large door if possible.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
My garage is the exact same length as my DC!

I had to move my garage door brace up one section in order for my truck to fit in.

I think i have 1" to spare is all, and i watch the garage door close every time i pull my truck in. Pretty close!!!!

See the pics in my gallery.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Motorcycles and wife's Lexus gets the garage, which means the Tundra gets stuck outside. Oh well...it's just a truck not a collector's item.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Problem is that I have 2 smaller doors, with part of the structure between. I am thinking about getting this knocked out and installing 1 large door if possible.
That center section is probably structural. If taking it out, make sure you know for sure.

My new shop has a single 18'W x 10'H door but the building was designed for it.

·
Deliciously Blunt
5,667 Posts
hmmm, need to measure my garage...I know that it's a bit anemic...I can fit my Tacoma with obnoxious offroad bumper a lights in there with a coupla feet to spare...don't think the Tundy will fit too well, but I'll figure it out or let it rest in the driveway.

·
Registered
65 Posts
My garage is 2 and 3/4 inches too shallow for my future DC, which means I get to open up the back wall of my garage, behind are the stairs to the basement, and move part of the back wall back 3". Even then it'll barely fit, but I'll gladly do it. Can't see letting a brand new $30,000+ truck set out in Ohio weather.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm just taking a break now after tearing out my workbench. Now there's room for the big truck with about a foot to spare at the front and back. Our door is a double wide single door and our RAV should be able to get in to. I'm going to wait until I actually have the Tundra before I rebuild my bench.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I had a tire stop anchored to the floor of my garage for my 99 f-150 ext. cab. gave me 3" in front to my workbench and 2" in back from my door. As luck would have it, my 07 crewmax has the eaxact same clearances without moving the stop.:)

·
Registered
7 Posts
My garage is 3" too short, so looks like I'll have to bump the back wall out a bit. I know its a truck but I still want it protected and theres nothing better in Ohio winters than no scraping windows.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I ended up cutting the drywall out back to the plywood.
The thickness of the drywall was 5/8" and that was all it took.
I covered the spot with felt, I now pull up to the wall, and the garage door closes OK.
I had my last Toyota for 17 years, garaged 14 of those years.
2006 Double Cab 4WD SR5

·
Registered
352 Posts
When I bought my current house I had an F250, so I made sure it had a large enough garage.... scraping snow and ice sucks. It's 35' by 24'. I love my garage.

Jim

·
Registered
12 Posts
i live in guam...we don't have garages! i just make sure not to park my truck too close to a coconut tree :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts