Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I've searched the threads for this and couldn't find anything on chip and I haven't seen this one mentioned before. TOYOTA TUNDRA G-Force Peformance Chip
I noticed the price drop too but I'm thinking it might be for the 4.7. It also states to switch to premium fuel to take advantage of the fuel to air ratio! Yikes!:eek: I'll have to flip them an e-mail to find out. Can you guys please chime in on your thoughts or link me to the thread?
BTW I am in no way affiliated with this company...

·
Registered
984 Posts
It's just a resistor in a pretty case. They work by tricking the ECU into think the air temperature of the in coming air is cooler than it actually is making the AFR leaner (or vise versa). Short term you MAY see a few HP gains, but your ECU will learn and correct the AFR. He is selling you a $69.00 resistor that can probably be bought at radio shack for 25 cents.

In other words...Ebay crap. Save your money. The only two tuning options or "chip" available is the Unichip or the URD AFR calibrator. Both of which are piggy backs and not chips. They are not cheap.

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
It's just a resistor in a pretty case. They work by tricking the ECU into think the air temperature of the in coming air is cooler than it actually is making the AFR leaner (or vise versa). Short term you MAY see a few HP gains, but your ECU will learn and correct the AFR. He is selling you a $69.00 resistor that can probably be bought at radio shack for 25 cents.

In other words...Ebay crap. Save your money. The only two tuning options or "chip" available is the Unichip or the URD AFR calibrator. Both of which are piggy backs and not chips. They are not cheap.
good information brotha! rep points for u

·
Banned
444 Posts
Way to sum it up socal. now I think of it, Is this a 0- 0.5v sensor?

·
Registered
984 Posts
Thanks. Ebay is full of those "chips", stay away. If the price is too good to be true for the power gains/ MPG increase, it probably is. They rank right up there with the tornado and to a lesser extent, Throttle body spacers. At least the TBS make a whistle noise lol.

It's been said before, but it's a valid point. If Toyota could have added 20+ more hp and 2-4 more mpg by adding a $69 device, why wouldn't they have done that from the get go. Hell the truck already comes with headers.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Thanks. Ebay is full of those "chips", stay away. If the price is too good to be true for the power gains/ MPG increase, it probably is. They rank right up there with the tornado and to a lesser extent, Throttle body spacers. At least the TBS make a whistle noise lol.

It's been said before, but it's a valid point. If Toyota could have added 20+ more hp and 2-4 more mpg by adding a $69 device, why wouldn't they have done that from the get go. Hell the truck already comes with headers.
They kind of come with headers in the vaguest of terms. Toyota could have probably added a lot more than that but then the engine would be too awesome for the majority of the public, not pass smog, and be too loud for most people. There are a lot of restrictions that affect every automaker engine wise. But yes those chips are a joke and a pure waste of money.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I need to change my blinker fluid before I get one of those chips.
LOL - I'm waiting on the Mobil 1 full synthetic crank case cleaner to come out. I heard the 5.7 gets 100mpg when pulling 10k lbs. after rubbing down the engine block with it, and running on diesel. The farm kind.

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
Don't worry... DIABLO should have the Tundra "tuner" ready within the next 1-month TO 5-years... what a bunch of clowns!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I wrote to the company and ask if the fuel had to be prem, if they had dyno tests and if there were customers in FL I could call? Their response was "
No, you continue to use standard 87 octane. You will see 35-40 HP and 3-4 MPG.We do a money-back guarantee.Whats that saying...if it is too good to be true?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts