Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok...now that I have installed a Volant CAI, I am looking at purchasing a Gibson exhaust
system. Any thoughts? Which is better...dual or single pipe outlets? Performance? Anyone already have a Gibson system that can give me some opinions.:fish2:

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
I had a Gibson on my Expedition and had no complaints with it. I am a fan of the duals coming out the back. What is leaning you toward Gibson vice the others offered for the Tundra?

·
Registered
46 Posts
i have the gibosn dual exit, same side ( sorry dont know the exact name) and it sounds great. its not too loud but if u give her some juice she opens up. i have herd a couple ex. systems on the tundras but like the gibson the most. it is a night and day difference between the trd and the gibson. trd is much quiter than the gibson. i have gotten many compliments on it. fit was a breeze too!

·
Registered
267 Posts
I have no complaints with my Gibson single swept side, but I think I would have a custom made duel setup done for around the same money if I were to do it again by one of the local garages.
This is the single swept side on my truck. It does sound good. A bit loud in the cab, not to bad.
YouTube - Gibson exhaust

·
Registered
500 Posts
I have the Gibson dual extreme... I think (tips behind both rear tires). Love the tone it gives... quiet but aggresive when I open it up. There is a drone at about 60-65 but anything above 70 is like it's not even there.

The fitment on the rear drivers side was a bit off. The pipe would hit against the leaf spring so I eventually took off the pipes after the muffler and put turn downs.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I get deals straight from Shawn Gibson if you're interested...

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
So is no one having issues with drone from any Gibson settups? I thought I remembered this being an issue. Maybe That was just magnaflow....

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
I have the Gibson dual extreme... I think (tips behind both rear tires). Love the tone it gives... quiet but aggresive when I open it up. There is a drone at about 60-65 but anything above 70 is like it's not even there.

The fitment on the rear drivers side was a bit off. The pipe would hit against the leaf spring so I eventually took off the pipes after the muffler and put turn downs.
Did you not see/read this?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the input. Sounds like Gibson is the way to go (for me anyway). Like the sound (You Tube Vids). We'll see how the fit/finish is on an '08 TRD 5.7 RCSB

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
mine does not drone at all. my magnaflows on my 2500hd with a 6.0 hand a nasty drone above 65 or so. i have the gibson dual sport. i posted up to earlir but didnt know what the exact name was.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Ok...now that I have installed a Volant CAI, I am looking at purchasing a Gibson exhaust
system. Any thoughts? Which is better...dual or single pipe outlets? Performance? Anyone already have a Gibson system that can give me some opinions.:fish2:

I have the Gibson duel exhast strait out the back. Love the simple install , the sound the perfomance , well everything. It is a little loud when I haul my Travel trailer but not the boat. I have several friends that have Dodge, Ford and GM trucks and they all love the sound. No drone and it is pretty quiet in the truck. One problem, you can't sneek up on some one.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have the Gibson dual extreme. Love it! i get alot of compliments, except from the wife. she thinks it is to loud:ballchain:
There is a drone at about 60 so I don't go 60:rolleyes:

·
Registered
65 Posts
I too have the Gibson dual extreme on my 08 DCSB and love it. I agree with roundgunner, there is a drone at highway speeds but it's in a narrow rpm range and easily controlled with the throttle. I prefer a side exit exhaust as is standard on every factory pickup truck I have seen. No echo when pulling a trailer and no worries about damage when backing up to a loading dock or hill. It just seems the logical and correct way of mounting an exhaust on any pickup truck, IMHO. Having said that, I also like the looks of a straight out the back exhaust. The stainless steel tips on mine are fully adjustable horizontally and vertically. BTW, I understand Gibson specializes in exhaust systems for trucks. Hope this helps

1 - 17 of 17 Posts