Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed the GBS but how hard are youguys tapping on window to test. I have senstivity turned all the way up and dont want to tap on window any louder. Afraid i am going to break it.

I did tap speaker inside of truck lightly and it did go off that way
Also MAYBE the short pin could be my problem. Where is the located , and what is it. Is it In the fuse box under dash or under hood. I doubt that my problem because i can set off from inside of truck ,but not sure?

The Diag Picture sucks and so do my eyes ? :D

O this is for all Trundra 2007 install

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
I've read on previous post to use an empty glass jar and put a bolt or nut in it. Get inside the truck and arm the truck, then rattle the jar. The sound should trigger the sensor.:D

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've read on previous post to use an empty glass jar and put a bolt or nut in it. Get inside the truck and arm the truck, then rattle the jar. The sound should trigger the sensor.:D
Thanks I will give that a try in the morning !:D

·
Registered
398 Posts
I think I read somewhere of someone tapping the window with their key to test as well.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I jingled my keys on the glass pretty hard and it did work. Just a note of caution though. I had mine set all the way up too and when we got into winter here in OR ice on the wndshield somehow (contract ing and espanding ) would set it off. And of course it was at 2 or 4 in the Morning when it got really cold. so I adjuste it to about half and the only way I can set it off is the jar method. Hope that helps.:abduction:

·
Registered
39 Posts
All of this sounds good but how do you tell if you have one installed. Then, too, how do you silence it once it alarms?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts