Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was taking the glove box out to get to the filter and noticed the thing attached (pops on and off0 to the right side. I took it off and it looks like you can put something in it to hide it maybe but when you pull the end it feels like it has a spring attached and the piece has small slots in it. Anybody have any idea what this is for:confused:

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
It's the damper (kinda like a little shock absorber) to keep the glove box door from falling open suddenly. It makes it open & close smoothly.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I was taking the glove box out to get to the filter and noticed the thing attached (pops on and off0 to the right side. I took it off and it looks like you can put something in it to hide it maybe but when you pull the end it feels like it has a spring attached and the piece has small slots in it. Anybody have any idea what this is for:confused:
Leave it off and open and close your glove box a few times. That will answer your question :)

·
Registered
221 Posts
Here's a little tip:

Detach the little "Shock Absorber"...Remove the glove box..... Behind there is the box that holds ( in most cases doesn't) the cabin air filter. If there isn't one in there..Get one (it's the same as the 4-runner I believe, but check w/ your dealer.) I opted to buy one, but I've seen others make their own out of various types of filters. Then check it and replace as necessary.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts