Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are GMB water pumps any good?

Hi,
I just purchased a 2002 Sequoia with 103,000 miles. I am looking to get the timing belt and related items replaced but I have a question. I purchased one of the complete kits on Ebay with the water pump, timing belt, serp. belt, idler and tensioner bearings, crank seal and 2 cam seals. I have been reading on here that some people question the reliability of GMB parts. Aren't they an O.E. supplier? Should I send this kit back and face a $50 restocking fee or am I ok to install them without worry? I plan on keeping this vehicle a while and don't want to cause myself any avoidable problems. Thanks for your responses.
Mark

·
Registered
246 Posts
You're going to have a hard time getting an answer to your question on this forum because it is the 2nd gen forum. Most of our cars are under warranty so we are not really all that knowledgeable about after market parts. You may have better luck in the 1st gen forum or one of the tech forums. Once you get your answer, please post and let us know as I would like to know for the future if it is a reliable brand or not.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I guess I will go ahead and install this pump. I was hoping to get a few responses from people that have had experiences with them. They are supposed to be an original equipment supplier for Toyota. I talked to a friend of mine who sells auto parts and he told me that they have been good for him. Time will tell. Thanks again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts