Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two of my friends just brought the GMC over the Tundra.[they where already to buy the Tundras]The dealer knock 5grand off and throw in the extended full warranty and a ridiculous rate of 0% for 5 years and 5 year of XM and On star with Rhino liner:eek:

Holly **** did they want to make the sale I can't see how they made any money but if they did that when I looked I be on the GMC site right now:rolleyes:

·
Registered
699 Posts
they sould of got them to through in a repair manual as well! thats the only way I'd buy a GM:D

·
Registered
237 Posts
they sould of got them to through in a repair manual as well! thats the only way I'd buy a GM:D
Ha ha that's funny:p Good luck to those 2 guys:D

·
Registered
961 Posts
Wow, Gm is gonna kill Toyota in sales with rebates like that. I like the Tundra better than the GM, but the GM truck is very close, and with upgraded drivetrain next year, I will look very close at them, before I buy a Tundra.

The biggest thing is the 0% finance. Right now Toyota Canada has terrible rates, like 5.9%.

·
Registered
595 Posts
If GM was offering that when I bought my Tundra I would be in a GMC or Chevy. That is money in your pocket that is hard to ignore.

The previous comment has absolutely nothing to do with my Toyota experience. It's what I would have done.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Two of my friends just brought the GMC over the Tundra.[they where already to buy the Tundras]The dealer knock 5grand off and throw in the extended full warranty and a ridiculous rate of 0% for 5 years and 5 year of XM and On star with Rhino liner:eek:

Holly **** did they want to make the sale I can't see how they made any money but if they did that when I looked I be on the GMC site right now:rolleyes:
GM keeps making unsound financial deals like this and Toyota will have the truck market without competition in a few years.

And GM may not be around to service the warranty at this pace. Feel sorry for all the GM buyers

GM is totally over reacting to a little competition. The smarter business strategy always wins in the long run.....

·
Registered
595 Posts
The biggest thing is the 0% finance. Right now Toyota Canada has terrible rates, like 5.9%.

That is all I got in the US. I qualified for 3.9% but the bigger payments made me uncomfortable. If something happens I want to be able to make the payment.

·
Registered
228 Posts
5.9 is a subvented rate, (technically an incentive) and for Toyota Canada to offer that right out of the gate on a new product is HUGE! FJ Cruisers just went from 6.9 after a year on backorder.

The car business ain't the same here as the US!

·
Registered
209 Posts
MY 1995 Corvette
AHHH...---Lets see----ever gone out and tried to start you're vehicle and nothing?Battery good,starter cranking? 1995-2001 2 times
Fuel pump solenoid twice/
Pull into quickie mart, shut off engine, come back in less than 10 min. and no start1995-2001 1 time
fuel pump
would not start at work-1995-2001-2 times
ecm went bad-no reason
fuel gauge broke-empty
first 5,000 miles serpentine belt broke-bad pulley
REPLACING 700R4 (Transmission)TWICE BEFORE 150K MILES PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Just what I remember.

I wanted a cheap fast car last year so I got a '06 Pontiac GTO-after 5k miles and I got the performance out of my system, I realized what I did and immediately got "rid" of it.

I've had several "Domestics" in my time, and it's always same thing.

Toyota has never put me on side of the road,

1993 Honda Accord Se 366500 miles been in family since new
On side of road-twice------both times flat tires
I'm determined to go 400k on this car!!

PAY NOW OR PAY LATER

·
Registered
98 Posts
Thats funny. I also had an 05 GTO, and loved it, but it was pretty useless in the winter, or whenever I needed to haul passengers or cargo. The CrewMax 5.7 is like having your cake and eating it too.

·
Registered
961 Posts
MY 1995 Corvette
AHHH...---Lets see----ever gone out and tried to start you're vehicle and nothing?Battery good,starter cranking? 1995-2001 2 times
Fuel pump solenoid twice/
Pull into quickie mart, shut off engine, come back in less than 10 min. and no start1995-2001 1 time
fuel pump
would not start at work-1995-2001-2 times
ecm went bad-no reason
fuel gauge broke-empty
first 5,000 miles serpentine belt broke-bad pulley
REPLACING 700R4 (Transmission)TWICE BEFORE 150K MILES PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Just what I remember.

I wanted a cheap fast car last year so I got a '06 Pontiac GTO-after 5k miles and I got the performance out of my system, I realized what I did and immediately got "rid" of it.

I've had several "Domestics" in my time, and it's always same thing.

Toyota has never put me on side of the road,

1993 Honda Accord Se 366500 miles been in family since new
On side of road-twice------both times flat tires
I'm determined to go 400k on this car!!

PAY NOW OR PAY LATER
I have heard that Ken-doll has had problems with his C4 as well.;) Mainly after long road trips with barbie.

·
Registered
265 Posts

I got mine for right at 4,000 under invoice, and it was a special order. The dealer accidentally didn't charge me for the 6.0 max trailerng package which was like 2,700 i believe. Which was on top of the 2,500 he had already came off. We had it all in writing, but when the invoice came in he freaked out. Guy was real nice and said they would honor the deal, but would be eternally greatful if i helped them out alittle. So i split the difference of the option. I've got no problem with a dealer making money. I don't expect them to be doing any favors, just like everyone else they have expenses, wife, kids, debt, etc. I consider myself to have gotten a good deal because it was a special order, but i can see a dealer budging even more on a vehicle that's been sitting on the lot for a few months, especially if it's a poorly configured one. If you're looking for a good deal just wait around till the end of the product line such as the outgoing silverados. I'm sure you can get an absolute steal on those right now and honestly they are just as good a vehicle as anything else on the road.

·
Registered
50 Posts
If you're looking for a good deal just wait around till the end of the product line such as the outgoing silverados. I'm sure you can get an absolute steal on those right now and honestly they are just as good a vehicle as anything else on the road.
Yes sir. I got my 06 RCSB "loaded" Silverado (5.3l, G80, 3.73's) a few months back with no money down 3.7% APR 60 month loan term for an out the door price of $21k, and that was being upside down on my previous vehicle! :eek: Granted I was at the dealership from 9 am to 8 pm lol. All in all it was a good experience and I got an excellent deal with out a doubt. I've had no problems with my Silverado...it's all been great. :) I sure wish I could have afforded a new bodystyle one though. Blast it all being 21 and a poor college student..

·
Registered
265 Posts
Yes sir. I got my 06 RCSB "loaded" Silverado (5.3l, G80, 3.73's) a few months back with no money down 3.7% APR 60 month loan term for an out the door price of $21k, and that was being upside down on my previous vehicle! :eek: Granted I was at the dealership from 9 am to 8 pm lol. All in all it was a good experience and I got an excellent deal with out a doubt. I've had no problems with my Silverado...it's all been great. :) I sure wish I could have afforded a new bodystyle one though. Blast it all being 21 and a poor college student..

The gmt-800's are some great vehicles and me and my dad have both logged some serious miles on many different ones without any major problems. If i had would have used my brain instead of my "got to have it ego" I would definitely have gone with another gmt-800 due simply to the insane rebates and incintives you can get on them. Me and a budd were looking at a 1/2ton silverado cc 4x4 z71 5.3 completely loaded "leather, 6disc, heated seats, even had a special dealer installed package with chrome nerf bars, tool box, custom gauges, and billet grill. BRAND NEW during the red tag sales event for 26,000. I had just gotten my used 04 avalanche z71 very moderate options for 24,000. Needless to say i was feeling some buyers remorse. I couldn't believe how good a deal it was they had on this truck being brand NEW. That's the trick for buying Domestic vehicles, you have to be patient and you will most definitely get a great deal, and who gives a crap about depreciation when you're getting it way cheaper from the beginning, it equals out. Patience is a virtue in the domestic truck market. I'll be reminded of that every month for the next 5years. "New truck smell goes away in a year, big note last for five :D "

·
Premium Member
535 Posts
Competion is a good thing folks. For those of you thinking of buying a new Tundra, you want to see GM and Ford overreact like they are as it will help bring down the price with Toyota and/or you will start seeing similar financial incentives. When I bought my Tundra new, they had 0% financing and then it bounced up to 3.9 for awhile. If the Tundra isn't gaining market share like the Toyota exec's had been forecasting, expect to see some good financing deals down the road.

·
Banned
1,374 Posts
I'm sorry guys, but the new GM Truck is UGLY!!! It's so "wedgy" looking and the 6.0 liter engine doe not feel like it has 356hp. Feels more like 300hp IMO. I have not driven the 5.7 Tundra, but I have driven the new GMC and Ford. What is up with the Snowflake (Avalanch)? Another stupid pickup much like the Honda Ridgeline.

I am just waiting for the rew redesigned Sequoia with an all new 5.7. Might be my next vehicle. :D

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just posted this in another thread, but felt it may be pertinent here as well:
Well, today was my first experience with getting a price quote from my closest Toyota dealer here in NJ. I emailed them and said I'm comparison shopping a fairly well-loaded Chevy Silverado 2LT/Z71 4x4 Crew Cab (MSRP $43,450) with the Tundra CrewMax TRD Ltd. w/ Option Group G (MSRP $46,600).

Now, considering that I can use GM's current incentives and a GM supplier certificate to get the Silverado for just about $36k even ($~7,500 off MSRP), I was a little surprised that the Toyota dealer came back with "We can give you $500 off MSRP".
:cool:

I thought Toyota was trying to get a foot in the door, here? Now, I don't expect Toyota to match the GM price, but $500?!??! Come on... (not to mention I think that's a factory rebate, and not any offer by the dealership). I'd like to give Toyota a chance, but not for a cool $10k out of my pocket.

Someone mentioned earlier that the money saved should go to repair manuals.... well, I can buy a repair manual and a lot of parts with the $10k difference.

Seriously, I know I'm new here, but I'm not trolling or trying to knock Toyota - I really wish they'd be a little more competitive and make my decision harder!

·
Registered
50 Posts
I just posted this in another thread, but felt it may be pertinent here as well:
Well, today was my first experience with getting a price quote from my closest Toyota dealer here in NJ. I emailed them and said I'm comparison shopping a fairly well-loaded Chevy Silverado 2LT/Z71 4x4 Crew Cab (MSRP $43,450) with the Tundra CrewMax TRD Ltd. w/ Option Group G (MSRP $46,600).

Now, considering that I can use GM's current incentives and a GM supplier certificate to get the Silverado for just about $36k even ($~7,500 off MSRP), I was a little surprised that the Toyota dealer came back with "We can give you $500 off MSRP".

I thought Toyota was trying to get a foot in the door, here? Now, I don't expect Toyota to match the GM price, but $500?!??! Come on... (not to mention I think that's a factory rebate, and not any offer by the dealership). I'd like to give Toyota a chance, but not for a cool $10k out of my pocket.

Someone mentioned earlier that the money saved should go to repair manuals.... well, I can buy a repair manual and a lot of parts with the $10k difference.

Seriously, I know I'm new here, but I'm not trolling or trying to knock Toyota - I really wish they'd be a little more competitive and make my decision harder!
Stuff like that should just be brushed off...everyone has bad experiences regardless of make or model. I know people who've had nothing problems with their toyotas just as much as some others I know with domestic vehicles. I've had two Chevrolets and never had a single problem other than an interior rattle or a fogged over headlight (both fix/replaced by warranty). Now, it doesn't mean people don't get lemons..but at my old job we had a 01 Silverado W/T with 262,000 miles no major problems whatsoever...and I'm sure there are plenty of Yota's out there with the same mileage still running strong.

·
Premium Member
19 Posts

I think you have to take into account what is being sold. For years the foreign vehicles have sold themselves without the need for incentives like the domestics. GM & Ford are having a Knee Jerk reactions to all of this and they are banking on the "More for Less" and exposure. The more of these they can put on the road the better for them. Repairs and replacement parts are money in the bank!

1 - 20 of 55 Posts