Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally its all coming together, got the toolbox, tint... Now im just waiting for school to be over so i can put on the 3in spacers.

But im goin with the 285/75/17 terra grapplers which say they are 33.86 inches tall, an inch taller than the 285/70/17s. Its gonna be tight but hopefully i wont have to trim much. We'll see how it goes...

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
285/75/17's? they make a size? i thought it was either 285/75/16's or 285/70/17's?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They dont carry them too many places but some online retailers do and they're checking at Tire Kingdom tomorrow. But they have them on Nitto's site, so they do exist!

·
Registered
80 Posts
are you sticking with the stock wheels? Im gonna go with 285/70r17 and stick with the stock wheels but i was told i would need spacers is this true or can i plug them in.

·
Forum Admin
8,277 Posts
285/75/17's? they make a size? i thought it was either 285/75/16's or 285/70/17's?
Check out Tirerack.com and look at the bigger brand name tire selection. BFG has a few sizes now that weren't available a few years ago when I bought my 285/75-16 all-terrains.

To compare tire size of these matrics, the best tool I've found on the net is this Tire size calculator. Gives you a 2D graphic comparison as well as the conversion #'s. :tu:

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I ended up ordering 295/70/17 trail grapplers today. Cant wait to get them on, but im not really happy with my 3 in lift from toytec. My truck sits even at 37in in the front and back but still has the appearance of leaning forward, which I absolutely hate.

·
Registered
6,781 Posts
That's the shape of the truck. It kind of gets skinny toward the front, aerodynamics I guess. Some times mine looks that way too, but it's the shape.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yea, but today I had some sod in the back which set the rear down 1 inch and it looked sickk. Toytec actually said I could take out a leaf spring for my desired look, but not a good idea at all. Toytec said 2 inches usually levels the Tundra out, i guess not this time.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Stupid Question but, this truck towed alot of boats before I bought it. Would that make the rear suspension sag more or opposite?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Stupid Question but, this truck towed alot of boats before I bought it. Would that make the rear suspension sag more or opposite?
sag more, if anything. and don't take a leaf out like whoever said that

1 - 20 of 24 Posts