Toyota Tundra Forums banner

going from 4 12's in a AC to 1 12''

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  sic402 
#1 ·
hey guys so this will hopefully b the last and final system set up for me afta this is the 5th one!!! here's what i have now
alpine 9887
4 rockford p2 12's (back seat taking out )
hifonics 15oo / 900rms
pioneer mids and highs
5 1/4 3 ways (q form kick panels)
6 1/2 3 ways (d and pass drs)
6 1/2 4 ways (rear drs)
3/4 tweeters (d and pass drs)

and so im changing to (build up in the process)
back seat goin back but the seat behind the driver-side it being taken off and in place alpine type x 12 in a ported 32hz 1.3cuft box will b powered by a hifonics 1500 brutus mono amp, all stinger wiring , along with a hifonics 4 channel . They'll b put either behind the back seat (with jbtoy's help ) or under the drive and passenger seats . . now maybe some one can help me , im gettin a yellow top but with that ,should i run a stinger 5 farad hybrid cap or pick up a power acoustik capcell 300 or 600 . . . .the cap cell is a battery yet capacitor together (look it up) so idk any help would b great and as for the mids and highs i might change them to but for now they do the job even with the 4 12's . . . hope the X will pound better then the 4 12's concidering i only have the 12's gettin 900watts and then X will b getting 1100 so we just have to wait and see . . . . . . will post pics of the install and if you want to see what i have now go my cardomain page . . .

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3307631

See less See more
#5 ·
I like the alpine x, I have a type r and sometimes wish I had shelled out more for the x. Either way, I think you will have way better luck pushing one good 12 rather than 4 okay 12s since the wattage is just divided out. I've always like using one sub more than multiples. The Brutus amp kicks butt too, I had one a while back but times were hard and it had to go. I tried running 2 older Fosgate 12s, since I had them sitting around, and they just didn't hit as hard as my single 12. I'm running the Alpine PDX.600, it puts down 715 watts rms.

As far as the capacitor goes, unfortunately, I can't help you there. I don't know much about the ones you mentioned, where is TECH12VOLTS when we need him? Sorry to not answer your one question! Maybe Email Tech12volts, he would know.

#6 ·
I like the alpine x, I have a type r and sometimes wish I had shelled out more for the x. Either way, I think you will have way better luck pushing one good 12 rather than 4 okay 12s since the wattage is just divided out. I've always like using one sub more than multiples. The Brutus amp kicks butt too, I had one a while back but times were hard and it had to go. I tried running 2 older Fosgate 12s, since I had them sitting around, and they just didn't hit as hard as my single 12. I'm running the Alpine PDX.600, it puts down 715 watts rms.

As far as the capacitor goes, unfortunately, I can't help you there. I don't know much about the ones you mentioned, where is TECH12VOLTS when we need him? Sorry to not answer your one question! Maybe Email Tech12volts, he would know.

thanks dude , i have seen your setup and it looks good , and yea b for the 4 twelves i had one kicker l7 12 ran off a brutus . that was short lived, wasnt tuned rite so never heard it capability and it all was stolen from me in front of my ex gf house in may yrs ago !! and so i jump back hard core and went with the 4 12's . . all in all box weighs in at 100+ lbs !! lets see some one jack that haha !!! but i learned this time im securing the **** out of the box and hiding every thing !!!!!!! any one want to take my **** just try me !!!

and yea im figuring the one sub will b better all round concidering what i want and the reviews i have read about the X !!!

thanks for your input bro ,always appreciated when eva you chime in !!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.