Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning on putting a 2008 JBL 6 disk head unit from a 2008 tundra into my 2008 tundra than now has the plane jane 6 disk unit that has died twice,,,, that should be a plug and play shouldn't it?

Never mind seems to be a no go

·
Registered
175 Posts
nope.......there were some recent posts about this you can look through.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont care about the sub and extra speakers,,,, seems I would have to add a amp though and run some wires and I'm just not that motivated,,,,,

·
Registered
93 Posts
I bought an oem nav unit to replace my stock stereo over a year ago and unfortunatly without the amp and wiring it wont work.
Now its just sitting in my garage :(
I heard that a guy in Canada sells the wiring harness for the swap but couldnt find any details on him.

·
Registered
819 Posts
I think you would be better to just go aftermarket. I think you could get a better sounding system, and probably cheaper. I know it would be less headache.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I think you would be better to just go aftermarket. I think you could get a better sounding system, and probably cheaper. I know it would be less headache.
I second this motion. The JBL has a lot of issues. I dumped my non-nav JBL and replaced it with a Kenwood 9140 and couldn't be happier. There are a lot of aftermarket units that look good and perform great. With the trim kits they sell they look pretty much OME. Look at crutchfield to get an idea and buy someplace cheaper. Look at the audio forum here at TS.

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
I bought an oem nav unit to replace my stock stereo over a year ago and unfortunatly without the amp and wiring it wont work.
Now its just sitting in my garage :(
I heard that a guy in Canada sells the wiring harness for the swap but couldnt find any details on him.
Maybe you should just send that to me. :laughing3d:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts