Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night my buddy and I finished setting up the Equal-i-zer hitch on my new 07 Tundra and 24' enclosed car trailer. I towed the same trailer last week on a regular hitch and the truck and trailer sat level. In all honesty, the truck towed fine up to 70 mph (posted speed limit). There was a little bit of sway, but most noticeably was the up and down oscilations. I've got a 07 Double Cab 4x4 limited, Prodigy brake controller, and now Equal-i-zer hitch with 10,000 lb bars towing a 24' haulmark with a 3100 pound car, (7000 lb total) loaded with probably another 500 pounds of tools. I'll have 3 passengars with bags so probably about 750 pounds plus somewhere around a 700 pound (overestimate) tongue load will put me up by the maximum load but probably under. Just going to an NOPI import drag event in dallas coming out of houston. I'll post on how the trip went once we get back.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, we drove a total of about 800 miles averaging about 8-9 miles a gallon. :p We were able to cruise at about 70 miles an hour pretty comfortably. Didn't feel any sway when big rigs passed us or us passing them. Tranny was smooth, no hunting. Going up bridges, the tranny downshifted smoothly and the motor pulled nicely. This truck is very quiet and so stable it was easy to forget the heavy trailer was behind us. We were travelling with 3 other trucks, 1 07 Titan with Subaru WRX STi on an open trailer, an 89 Chevy Dually diesel with an open trailer and a 93 Civic hatch, and a 98 Chevy Silverado 4x4. All in all, it was a pretty comfortable and stress free trip. The equalizer is a bit noisy making sharp turns and any time there is a big angle change between the truck and trailer, but I feel that it was a worthwhile purchase and did it's job. Other than the gas mileage.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts