Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked out a granite gray 2007 4Runner yesterday - dealer is looking for it today. SR5 V8 2WD, Sun/Moon Roof, 6 CD stereo, No nav or climate control (wife had it on her last car - Highlander - and didn't use either). She only wants to turn a knob or two when it's hot or cold. I don't get it, but she'll be driving it. My ride is a 2004 Tundra A/C V8 Salsa Red. I love my truck - 50K miles and not a single problem, noise, etc... runs like new and it's paid off. Can't rationalize buying a new Tundra yet, and I'd like to let the new model with the 5.7L settle out for a couple of years to work the bugs out.

Anyway, haven't signed the papers yet, but does anyone have any opinions on the bottom line price I should ask for is? Buying in Virginia Beach, Va. which is always a bit more expensive.

BTW: The V8 in the 4RUNNER ROCKS! It feels a LOT stronger than my 4.7L Iforce in the Tundra, although by numbers it's a little higher in HP but a bit lower in torque.

Greetings to all!

Mark

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No responses yet?

Anyway, the dealer is going to keep looking for my truck on Monday. I do have one question - should I get the 4x4 or the 2x4? Money is not the problem. I live in Virginia Beach, Va. where once in a blue moon we'll get a foot of snow (every 5-7 years). I don't want a lot of hassle with extra maintenance costs. I know the 4x4 gear adds about 250 lbs to the vehicle too. Any thoughts on this?

·
Registered
33 Posts
As far as the bottom line price, I would not be much help unless I devoted a fair amount of time to it. I would like to say that you should take a close look at the options and there direct influence on resale value. For example, the 4X4 options will increase your resale value by thousand and some of the options that are available will actually save you money on insurance. Just some things to keep in mind or as a reminder, not saying you don't know.

For your options I would expect at least a few thousand off.

Congrats on the intended purchase! Post it when you get it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts