Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Just had my balljoints done on my '05 AC. I didn't have a recall notice yet, but decided to stop by the dealer where I bought my truck and make an appointment. The very pleasant service guy scheduled me in on the day of my chosing, and on that day they had the truck done in about four hours with a printout of the before/after alignment specs. To top it off, they provided a shuttle service to get me home and back to the dealer. And more, they washed the truck for me!
I know the dealers can't please everybody all the time, but I thought this was a job well done. This was at Downtown Toyota in Spokane, WA.:tu:

·
Registered
131 Posts
To be honest I had not even known about the recall until I went in for my 10K service and he mentioned it while checking in. Next thing I know they replaced the BJs and that was that.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Had the ball joints replaced today. Wind noise was also a problem had the dealer order new door seals to see if that was the problem. I own a 06 Tundra DC. Thanks Tundra solutions I dont believe the dealer would have contacted me about the recall.:ts:

·
Premium Member
989 Posts
big_o: Just for your edification, it is Toyota that you would be getting your recall notice from, NOT the dealer.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I'm on a national back order according to my dealership, and I work there that sucks even more obvious there can't be too much of a shortage you guys had yours done in the past few days and I've been waiting since April 1st

·
Registered
456 Posts
I just got my ball joints replaced today. They didn't wash my truck, but they had it done when I arrived. Everybody at the dealer was friendly....no complaints here.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Just have to ask. WHAT RECALL? Is there a recall on balljoints? I have a 03 SR5 extended cab, should I be concerned about a balljoint problem? Please advise. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
882 Posts
just had mine done, too, and all went well. i was a bit worried. they aligned the truck almost perfectly to dj's specs and it drives better than ever.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
a good ball joint experience would be not even having one since they have been trying to get this issue fixed for how many years?? almost 6??:eek:

·
Registered
76 Posts
I had my ball joints done with the alignment done to DJ's specs and the truck drives so much nicer than before I thought it drove ok before now it's great

·
Registered
50 Posts
I've had mine done last week. They did a great job and replaced the lower balljoint, steering knuckle and tie rod ends. Unfortunately, the alignment didn't hold up for more than two days even when avoiding any large potholes...go figure.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I had mine done today although I did not see mention of a alignment. Is this critical. Steering knuckle and Tie rod ends were not part of recall were they? DJ specs?? Is there a listing on this in the forum?
Thanks, Motoretro

·
Registered
50 Posts
Steering knuckle and Tie rod ends were not part of recall were they?
I don't believe they are; it might just be a tradeoff of labor time vs. part cost with the dealership I visited (I could be wrong on this), but the alignment is definitely included and required. I don't believe it states the alignment on the receipt though (at least mine did not).

·
Registered
560 Posts
mdhess asked "What recall?" I've got an 03 extended cab too.

I read about it in my newspaper. After waiting a few months for a notice, I called my dealership and they confirmed that I needed to bring it in. My dealer is one of the good ones, so I was in-and-out and got a free alignment in the process. I know they did the work because the new parts are easy to see. Give your dealer a call.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Got Recall notice Thursday May 17th, Called Friday 18th , took Tundra in Monday 21st at 730 am and was out by 915 am. Had Recall and alignment done, also oil change and tire rotation done also. Great experience. Did me right,...

·
Registered
213 Posts
Checked with dealer on alignment. Truck was checked after parts installed and was within Toyota's Specs. Took 2 hours to do. I never heard from Toyota on recall but heard funny noise when going over a bump so checked in with dealer. He said he thought the parts were back ordered but when i mentioned the noise, he said let me check parts and came back & said some just came which were not earmarked for a vehicle. Truck drives good although it would have been nice to try out DJ's alignment specs. Have always had a bit of vibration in console area. Does anyone have specs for 04 Tundra so i can compare?
Thanks, Motoretro

1 - 18 of 18 Posts