Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well...I 'm going to have to say goodbye.....I'm going over to the other side....

My 02 has finally had enough....I'm givin' her up...at 212000 great miles....I wont be here but close by...getting a 06 Taco.... ( so I'll be on the Taco forum)

She served me well and was no worse for wear but...needed some younger blood.

It's been a pleasure talking and learning form everyone here on the 1st Gen site.

The Best to All on here..

·
Registered
330 Posts
take care man, dont forget to stop in and let us know how the taco is, maybe post a link so we can see what she looks like??

·
Registered
819 Posts
212,000 was an excellent run and you have given me great hope that my 2004 with 101,900 will get there someday.

Good to know you went with another Toyota. If I needed to, I would definitely be getting another Toyota-something.

Yeah, please do post pics of your new Tacoma as well as the outgoing Tundra for that "One last time-shot"

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Glad you went with a Taco! If I sold my truck today thats the truck I would get, their like Jeeps; great aftermarke support! Remember to become a member on TTORA alot of great information there, just make sure the first pic of your truck you post is offroad doing something crazy or they will give it to you lol!

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
hi , thanks for hanging with us.
you will find new homies.
you also will have a bunch of options with your taco, just like us.
if you choose, you can have the same fun.

my neighbor & friend has a taco same year i belive, trd.
he loves his. & gets great gas mileage to.
he also had a higher top speed,on his V6.
now i smoke him.
i belive they have a trd s/c.

if you haven't already sold it or traded it in,
you might consider taking out many of your mod's.
it will build you a slush fund for new mods.
just a thought.
gorilla

·
Registered
615 Posts
May the force be with you! Have fun with your new Toy!

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
Been good seeing you and that classic avatar, I'd love to find a shirt with that. The 2nd gen taco is a great choice in trucks. I wanted one but the price tag scared me off. By default I got my Tundra instead and love it, but every time I see access cab tacomas that sit like my Tundra, I day dream of what could have been. Like Derek said, you will find a lot more aftermarket support to get rid of that ugly word in your signature..."stock"!

Be sure to stop in here from time to time.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Well...I 'm going to have to say goodbye.....I'm going over to the other side....

My 02 has finally had enough....I'm givin' her up...at 212000 great miles....I wont be here but close by...getting a 06 Taco.... ( so I'll be on the Taco forum)

She served me well and was no worse for wear but...needed some younger blood.

It's been a pleasure talking and learning form everyone here on the 1st Gen site.

The Best to All on here..

I went to the Taco side too and have no regrets, but I do miss the 5.7. My needs changed wanted a smaller truck.

·
Premium Member
2,269 Posts
Good Luck with the Taco! It will serve you well.

If we have another NE meet, you know Tacos are always welcome. Watch the NE thread. Hope to see if we can get another one put together.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts