Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep, I'm cheap. No, I don't use the back seat in my access cab. If anyone else is in the same boat, then check out the new cheapie Crutchfield powered sub. This thing has totally blown my mind! I don't work for, or make a commission on sales from Crutchfield. I just thought I would pass this along as an option for those looking to add cheap bass. It blows away my old amplified Bazooka and it's not even close. I flipped up the rear seat on the driver's side, and it sits quite well on the jack storage compartment (not the best option for many, I know). Don't laugh, this thing is damned impressive! Sound Ordnance™ B-8P 80-watt powered bandpass subwoofer at Crutchfield.com

·
Premium Member
765 Posts
I'd say get a good sub - Kicker or similar on Ebay, and a cheapo box from same. Will be same price but much more bass.

·
Premium Member
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For 119 bucks, this thing sounds awesome. I'm unsure about it's longevity, but it has a 3 year warranty. All I've had for several years is the old Bazooka, but I ride with buddies that have big stereos. I'm telling you, this thing gets after it! I half-assed laughed through the entire process-from purchase until I hooked it up. I expected to just box it up and send it back. I quit laughing when I turned it on. If space usage is not a concern, I promise that it would be hard to beat this thing for the money. It hits harder and sounds cleaner than the Infinity Basslink in my wife's car.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I did a similar set up about a year ago, except mine is a 10 inch sub and a 500 watts Amp.

It is fun to freak out unexpected passengers as they can feel the bass "bump' in their chests and see the interior and exterior mirrors shake when I crank things up a bit.

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
I personally love watching my cellphone dance in the cup holder. :heh:
If I'm in the mood, my mirrors are totally useless.:tu:
That does look like a quick and easy option for those who aren't looking to destroy their hearing but want good sounds, thanks for sharing it Bam. With the little after market support we have with gen 1 Tundra's it's always good to make options known.

·
Registered
245 Posts
The last setup I had was a pair of pioneer premier 12"s in a custom built box that had the subs aimed to the floor. Plus a 1000w memphis amp that was hidden under the custom box. Noone from outside the truck could see my box or anything. since it had close to factory carpet covering it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts